Chapter 5: The U.S.S Enterprise

All current Starfleet cadets had been called to the meeting hall for an unspecified, but urgent matter. As Leonard and Jim made their way to the hall, a sudden figure running towards them brought the two men to a halt. It took Leonard a moment to realize who it was, his mind still clouded from the conversation with Anatalia the night before, but as the girl now came barreling towards him, showing no signs of stopping, Leonard shook himself from his thoughts and bent down slightly to allow Ana to jump into his arms, her legs wrapping around his waist as he held her tightly in his arms. 

"I did it. I passed my CSO exam!" Relieved by the good news, Leonard spun the girl around in his arms with joy, causing the young cadet to hold on tighter and laugh in his arms.

"I told you you'd pass! I never doubted you for a second. Congratulations, Tali. I'm so proud of you." Given that the couple was surrounded by hundreds of other cadets making their way into the meeting hall for whatever lecture awaited them, Talia did her best to restrain herself and not pull Leonard into a searing kiss. She failed miserably when she instead did just that, despite knowing Leonard's less than enthusiastic feelings about excessive PDA. Leonard set Talia down as they pulled apart and couldn't help but smile down at his girl despite the multiple looks they were getting from the cadets around them.

"Sorry, Len. I couldn't help myself. I was just so excited to tell you when I checked this morning." 

"You didn't get the results last night?" 

"I didn't wait for them. It didn't seem as important after our conversation last night." 

"About that. Darlin, I'm sorry for the way that conversation played out. It wasn't my intention but once my mind starts thinking about stuff like that it just starts to spiral on its own. But Tali, I am happy with you. I'm the happiest I've ever been in my life. I hope you understand just how serious that is for me. And I hope you know that while I'm still working on my trust issues and commitment issues, I know just how deeply you care about me, and that means more to me than you can possibly imagine. I really like being with you, and I hope we can continue like this for a long time." 

Anatalia couldn't fully express just how relieved she was by Leonard's words. She had spent half the night lying awake with worry, wondering if the next day would resume as normal between them, or if Leonard would call it quits once and for all. Once again, Leonard's simple act only further confirmed to Tali just how much he too cared about her, and it reassured her that they'd get through all of their struggles together. 

"Thank you, Leo. I hope so too. I love you." Finding it appropriate to respond with a simple kiss, Leonard did so, allowing it to last a little longer than he would typically allow while out in public, but he wanted to be sure to convey his feelings for her as well, and he could only do that with a kiss. The two smiled wide like teenagers in love when they pulled away before Kirk finally saw fit to interrupt the moment. 

"If you two are done with that disgusting display of affection, we should probably head inside for the council meeting about to start." Shoving himself in between the two, Kirk made his way into the meeting hall, Tali and Leonard following close behind in each other's arms.

----- 

"We are here today to discuss an incident that concerns the entire student body. James T. Kirk. Step forward to the stand." Unwilling to show his sudden surprise at the call of his name in front of the entire student body, Kirk quickly obeyed and made his way to the stand. Ana and Leonard shared a concerned look. No way the head of Starfleet Academy calls a mandatory meeting with all of Starfleet and the board of trustees, and it turns out to be a good thing. 

"Cadet Kirk, evidence has been submitted to this council suggesting you violated the ethical code of conduct pursuant to regulation 17.43 of the Starfleet code. Is there anything you care to say before we begin?"