Close call-Chapter 1

3rd person Pov

Someone was watching.

Suna put his arm out in front of Kuguri stopping him from walking any further. Kuguri gave the second year a confused look.

"What's wrong Suna?" Kuguri asked. Suna started looking around again. He saw a movement out of the corner of his eye. He pointed to where he saw the movement.

Kuguri looked over to where Suna pointed. He saw the movement as well and nodded in understanding. "Should we go over there?" Kuguri whispered. Suna nodded.

"But be cautious and act natural so whoever's there won't notice us." Suna whispered. Kuguri nodded. They both started talking trying to blend in with the few remaining students. They made it look like they were casually walking over to where they saw the movement. They were both prepared to defend themselves if the person decided to attack.

They finally reached the corner.

They saw someone there.

When they realised who it was they both looked confused.

The person they saw was one of the last people they expected.
There behind a corner they saw...

Sakusa Kiyoomi.

"Sakusa-San?" Kuguri questioned looking at the older boy.

"Oh. Hey guys. What's up?" Sakusa asked awkwardly looking at them.

"You were pretty well hidden. I'm kind of surprised we saw you. Granted that's what training will do to you." Suna started mumbling to himself as the last of the students left the hallway except the three of them.

"You know Sakusa-San. With the right training you would be a pretty good secret agent. Plus you already know about the agency." Kuguri told him as he scanned his body. "I mean we can talk with our spymaster." Kuguri also started talking to himself.

"Okay well I have to go study for my health and social exam now so I'm gonna go. Tell Toya I said hi." Sakusa speed walked away.

"Oh right the principal's office." Suna remembered as him and Kuguri continued to walk to the office. Kuguri put his ear to the door and then opened it. They walked in and Suna closed the door.

"Okay now we need to find the safe." Kuguri stated. The two started looking around.

"We should have asked first before leaving." Suna stated as he looked in a cupboard at the back of the room. Kuguri opened the desk cupboard and was met with the metal door of the safe.

"I found it Suna-San." Kuguri called to Suna. Suna walked over to him and opened his bag. He pulled out a stethoscope and two pairs of gloves.

"Kuguri you take the lead on finding the combo. I'll listen for the numbers." Suna instructed as he handed the resonator to the first year. Kuguri put a pair of the gloves on and took the resonator in his hand. Suna put on the other pair of gloves and put the ear pieces in his ears. Kuguri began to rotate the handle of the safe. Suna gave a nod. Kuguri rotated it again. Suna nodded again. They repeated this two more times until the safe door opened to see...

"Are you kidding me. Who puts a safe inside of a safe? Not to mention this one is digital. What the hell." Kuguri complained upon seeing a second safe.

"Kuguri I may be a master of coding and decoding but things like this are not my kind of thing. But you're a hacker. I don't know how you would struggle with this. I'm pretty sure digital safes are right up your ally." Suna stated as he flicked Kuguri on the forehead.

"While you are correct about that observation I do not currently have the items I would need to break into a digital safe in my possession. They're in the club room." Kuguri explained rolling his eyes.

"I'll message Komori and Daichi to bring them. I also forgot to bring a bag to carry the money." Suna said as he got a special digital watch out of his pocket. He opened the case and spoke into it. "Komo, Dai. We need you to bring Kugu's bag and a spare bag to the office." Suna spoke carefully as to not use their full names. He heard an 'on it' come from the watch with Komori's voice. He put the watch away.

Moments later Komori and Daichi entered the office carrying a bag each. Komori handed his bag to Kuguri. Kuguri got out a few items and used one of them to pry the keypad off. He looked at the wires and started to analyse them.

He grabbed a pair of goggles. "I have spare goggles. You guys should probably put them on." Kuguri recommended. The three older boys did as they were told and put the goggles on.

He started to fidget with the keypad with a screwdriver. He pulled a laptop out of his bag and managed to hook the safe to the laptop.

"What exactly is he doing?" Komori whispered to Suna.

"He's connecting the safe to his laptop so that he can hack into it through the laptop. It's a lot easier." Suna whispered in response. A noise came from the laptop along with a red screen and a look of panic appeared on Kuguri's face. He began to rapidly press buttons. Daichi noticed this.

"Can you two shut up he's trying to focus. Look at him. He's quite clearly panicked. We can ask him about it when he's done." The brown haired male whisper shouted to Suna and Komori.

Kuguri took a breath in and exhaled. The look of panic being replaced by a look of determination. He went back to rapidly pressing buttons until finally another noise came from the laptop. This time with a green screen. Kuguri sighed a breath of relief and opened the safe. "That was close." He muttered to himself.

Daichi counted the money. And put it in the empty bag. "Kuguri what happened?" Komori questioned the first year.

"Turns out the safe is time sensitive. So I got past the second layer of security which is when you saw me get panicked from the noise and red screen." Kuguri began. "There were 20 layers of security and only 2 minutes and 30 seconds to get past them all. But most of them were extremely weak." He thought before continuing. "Also if I didn't it would have spread a virus across the entire agency network." He added in very casually.

"You said that too casually." Suna spoke as he help Kuguri reattach the keypad.

"I dealt with it. It was a close call though." Kuguri said as he packed all his things away then Momori helped him up. Everyone started to leave but Kuguri very quickly grabbed Komori's wrist and waited until the other two were out of earshot. He took Komori into the hallway.

"Kuguri what's wr-" The second year but got cut off when the first year put his hand over his mouth.

"Be quiet Komori-San." Kuguri whisper shouted. They waited a few more seconds then Kuguri took his hand away from Komori's mouth.

"You good?" He asked the younger boy. Kuguri just nodded. "What's wrong?" He questioned.

Kuguri took a breath. "On our way here me and Suna felt like someone was watching us. We found your cousin watching us but then he left. Suna seemed to feel better and continued walking. But I still felt like we were being watched or at least someone was listening to us." He explained. Komori looked worried.

"Okay. What else?" Komori waited for him to continue.

"As agents we are trained to be incredibly observant but I was already extremely observant so the agency just helped me improve my accuracy of observation." He started. "I didn't notice it until we got into the principal's office... But I was right. We were being watched in there. I didn't notice until you helped me up however." Kuguri seemed to be finished explaining.

"What does that mean?" Komori asked. Kuguri closed his eyes and crossed his arms.

"It means that I know you're there..."

Leaving it there on another weird cliffhanger. Yeah so here is the official first chapter. Let me know what you think.

Anyway that's all until next chpter. Signing off for now
-Alix