𝐢𝐢. women have pain built in

❝walking like a woman balancing 

a sword in her body❞

.·:*¨༺ ༻¨*:·.

Bunny and I had been having a grand time, conversation spitting back and forth (mainly carried by the blonde in front of me, but I don't think either of us minded very much) and drink after drink down as though we our throats sung the praises of Dionysus. He was an obviously charming man, pure-bred American (for better or for worse) and made it feel as though it was just the two of us in the room. Just us talking about the past, the economy and of course the great mystery that consumes us all. Women.

Bunny saw himself a proud man talking of Marion his girlfriend ('Just a little thing. Blond, blue eyed. About so high?') whom I had seen him speaking to at the post office. This however made my forehead crease as I remembered the look he had given the golden haired woman in our class mere hours earlier.

"And she's an elementary-education major, too, don't you just love it?" He said. "I mean, she's a real girl." He drew his hands apart as if to indicate a sizeable space between them. "Long hair, got a little meat on her bones, isn't afraid to wear a dress, she knows her place you know? Perfect wife material. I like that. Call me old-fashioned, but I don't care too much for the brainy ones. Take Camilla. She's fun, and a good guy and all-"

"Come on," I say, still laughing. "She's really pretty."

"That she is, that she is," He agreed, holding up a conciliatory palm, "Lovely girl, I've always said so. Looks just like the statue of Diana at my father's club. All she lacks is a mothers firm hand, but still, for my money, she's what you'd call a bramble rose-"

He looked as though he was about to say something more, a smile still on his face, but in my drunken haze I believe I interrupted him.

"And what about Liliana? Is she not to your liking a 'blonde 'little thing'" I think had he not been far too buzzed on both his drink and the joviality of the night he would've punched me for my next words, "Or is she too smart for you?"

It was quiet for a moment and I truly believed I had stepped too far. When Bunny stopped talking you know somethings gone wrong.

But a smile returned to his face and I relaxed once more.

"Lilia? I can never be too sure of her," Bunny relaxed into her chair, a far away grin on his face. "She's a gentle sort of horror isn't she?"

"How do you mean?" I pressed. I myself was curious as to how the entire group seemed enamoured with this girl.

"You know once we were in the library and it took about an hour before we realised she had left our little table in the back." 

I didn't know where his story was going but it was enthralling finally being let on the inside of the Greek Class' secrets. 

"Camilla said she's check on her but 20 minutes came and went so the rest of us got up to look," Bunny continued. "Turns out neither of them were in the library anymore but had gone back to Lilia's house for god knows what reason but when we got there Henry was as frantic as Henry gets and Charles looked like he would about to set his blonde head on fire with all of his scowling. We got there and heard singing coming from the kitchen and saw Camilla hurrying around the kitchen while Lilia sung a little french song with a hot water bottle on her stomach, I remember the song it went like 'Au Claire de la lune' or something like that and her face was all pale with her legs crossed and hair falling in front of her face like a gothic goddess on that counter singing away like a siren."