𝐢𝐢𝐢. three crow warning

❝you have bewitched me, 

body and soul❞

.·:*¨༺ ༻¨*:·.

"We heard all about your lunch with Bunny." Charles said, kicking snow as he walked.

I laughed, it was late the next day, a Sunday. I had been at my desk reading Parmenides when I heard the twins voices drifting up towards my window. Camilla seemed to be without Liliana today and they were wondering the lawn like ghosts until I called out to them. They looked up, hands shielding their eyes from the sun and said "Hello," Back up to me, "Come down."

So now we were wondering the grove, them in their white tennis shirts and tennis shoes looking particularly Angelic with their white blonde hair drifting around in the wind. I wasn''t sure why they'd asked me down, though polite enough they seemed puzzled as though I was a foreign country with eccentric customs they were just now learning of and taking caution not to startle or offend.

"How'd you hear about it," I asked, "The lunch, I mean."

"Bun called this morning," Charles said nonchalantly, "And Henry told us. Last night."

"I think he was pretty mad."

"Mad at Bunny, not you." Another voice came from behind us, making us turn.

Liliana stood there, a dark lilac dress flowing in the autumn wind and a white fur coat pulled down so it hung off her elbows and must've made her shoulders quite cold. Her blonde hair fell down on shoulder. She seemed, like the twins, out of place in the Hampden fashion statements as they were prone to blacks and the twins and her wore what ever they wished it seemed.

"Now I'm sure you know why I declined his offer the other day." Liliana said with pity as she walked up in front me and Camilla moved beside her.

"Luckily enough for Lily she's never been victim to Bunny's lunches." Camilla said, pulling Liliana's fur coat up the girls shoulders like a mother would to a troublesome child. It was odd to hear someone other than Henry call her Lily but I learned later on that most of the Greek class seemed to do so (Francis called her Lyla). But the way Camilla said it, seemed different than when Henry did. After all as I said before, Henry Winter wasn't one to nickname someone.

"Henry and bunny don't seem very fond of each other do they." I observed.

They seemed shocked to hear this.

"They're old friends." Camilla said.

"Best friends, at one point," Charles said although his brow creased a moment later in thought, "They haven't been as close now but as people who hardly spent a moment apart I couldn't see them fighting or anything like that."

"That's true, they haven't been as friendly to each other now," Camilla said thoughtfully. Liliana stayed silent.

"They seem to argue quite a lot." I pointed out.

"Well of course but that doesn't mean they're not fond of each other," said Camilla, "but that doesn't mean they're not fond of each other all the same. Henry's so serious and Bun so sort of - not serious - that they get along quite well."

We continued to walk around, Charles pointed out an old graveyard from the 1700s up ahead us, Camilla saying that it was very pretty "especially in the snow." We walked on until Liliana paused in her tracks and raised a finger to her lips and pointed forward. Before us, on the split dead tree, perched four big black birds. Too big for ravens. I'd never seen anything like it before.