Chapter 35

Damon POV

I've had this book in my office the entire time, it's the final clue, maybe the reason Wingers is after Raine. I can finally understand his motivation, he wants the most powerful wolf known in existence to be in his pack, his Luna, with her he'd be able to take over any pack in his desires, he'd be the strongest alpha, any war he started would be won. We're essentially fucked if this happens and that's a big if. Cause first he has to go through me. But first I need more information on this legend and I know just who to talk to. I head to the elders block, apartment 5F, Mr Alfred Allonson, the oldest wolf to reside in the pack. He knows everything about anything, he must know something about this.
I head to the tall white building and use the Lift to reach the 5th floor, as I step out of the lift I head to the end of the hallway, it's bright In here, the walls painted white with windows at each end to let the natural light come in, the walls holding evacuation signs, lights spaced half a meter apart for the entire length of the hallway, mirroring the opposite side. The smoke alarms on the ceilings mixed with a sprinkler system, the smell of lemon from the disinfectant that was recently used. I guess the cleaners were in this morning. As I reach the door I lift my hand to knock, before I do the door opens and I'm greeted by Mr Allonson himself, holding himself up with a tall oak, brown stained varnished walking stick in his left hand and holding onto the door with his right.

"You found the book?" He said looking in my hand, how did he know I was here first of all.
"Yes I did and I need you to tell me all you know, if anything" I said, he nods his head and turns walking into his living room, he ushered me inside and headed for his armchair.
"Sit, you'll need to for this one, son. It gets complicated" he says, I follow him inside and sit on the couch opposite him, his apartment smelling of the same disinfectant as the hallway.
"I clean the hallway myself and use the same product in my apartment. I may be old but I'm still able. This book you have in your hand is the origin story behind this pack, Miyana a brave and powerful Female Alpha, the likes of which no one has seen since, or at least that's what we are told. The book hasn't been updated in many years, I'd say around 300 years. More information has come to light since then but it's not been added neither has a new book been created. The reason Miyana was never seen in human form is because essentially her human was dead after the Battle Of The Lycans Miyanas human was fatally wounded, her heart still beating but her mind dead, Miyana was powerful but still weakened by the loss of her mate. The reason as to why her human died so easily. The only reason why Miyana herself was able to survive is because her humans heart was intact. Miyana created the Moonstone pack after the war, as far as anyone knew she had no family, no blood relatives to pass down the pack to, but this is what she intended. You see Miyana wasn't gifted her powers from the Moon goddess, she was the Moon Goddess. She didn't vanish, she ascended into the heavens, her powers were no longer needed on earth while she was here, the war was won and the pack was created. Other packs had already started to heal and regroup when she ascended. Miyana would visit every 10 years to ensure that the war was always left behind, though she would not interfere with conflict between other packs she would ensure that a war between all packs was to never repeat. A free-for-all war was never to happen again, this she ensured and ensures to this day, however with the return on Miyana in the form of your Luna. I fear this is the return of the war. Your Luna, Raine, has survived what most would not, the loss of a child, the torture over the years, a normal wolf would not survive and yet Raine has, the Moon Goddess has returned her wolf form to your Luna, maybe not directly but the strength and courage and love from Raine and her wolf is exactly that as the Moon Goddess herself. Alpha this is why Wingers is after her. Raine and her wolf will have the power of the goddess and anyone can use her to start a war or to ensure peace. Raine has the power of love Alpha, she is your biggest strength but also your biggest weakness. If she dies her wolf will live, but if her wolf dies, Raine will not survive. The human body cannot endure all that a wolf can. Her wolf is the reason she is alive. Keep her that way otherwise we are all doomed" Mr Allonson explained, I wasn't sure I kept up with everything he told me.

"How did wingers find out that Raine possess Miyana as a wolf before Raine did, how did anyone know?" I ask puzzled

"The final page of the book, a prophecy was written that Miyana would return as a wolf, the wolf would need to be an indirect descendant of the MoonStone pack. Raines great great grandfather married a member of this pack 200 years ago, he had 3 children, 2 girls and 1 boy, the 2 girls went off into other packs with their mates, 1 boy stayed but he never found his mate but he still had a child with another unmated wolf, it was the only way to keep his bloodline going. That is how Raine is an indirect descendant to this pack. As far as it is known none of Raines descendants have mated into your bloodline. You are the strongest alpha currently, the moon goddess has given Raine to you, protect her and use her. Together you'll be unstoppable. The answer to your question, this book is not the only copy and my guess is Raines mother knew, the moon goddess would have told her in a dream that her child will fulfil the prophecy, and she told wingers"

"Thank you, Mr Allonson. What will I do without your knowledge." I say taking in all the information he has given to me. I stand up and shake his hand.
"Also Mr Allonson, thank you for cleaning the hallway, we do have cleaners that will do the job but I appreciate it, you take care and rest" I place my hand on his shoulder and smile
"Son I may be old but I'm still able" he says with a smile.
"I have no doubt of that Sir" I smile back and head for the door.
"One more thing Alpha, if wingers takes Luna Raine and makes her Luna of his pack as well it will end in bloodshed" He says with a serious look
"He won't be able to do that Mr Allonson. You have my word on that" I say and walk out the door. I head back to the lift to begin the journey back to the office to discuss this with Raine. She'll only ask me about this when I'm back and she has a right to know.

As I reach the door to the pack house I bump into a confused looking Raine
"Where have you been I've been looking everywhere for you. We need to talk about the book because I am very confused but also very intrigued, it's so strange my wolf has the same name. It's also exciting" she says with a smile on her face the excitement evident I smile back and her, take her hand in mine and kiss it. Her scent is all I need to feel peace.

"Let's go back to the office and talk. There's a lot you need to know" I smile and grab her hand she tilts her head at me and starts to walk. I'm not sure how she will process this, mainly because I am still processing this.

After an hour and half explaining to Raine what the book was about and the prophecy she went silent. Shock I think or she was just processing either way she was silent for about 20 minutes before she spoke again and once she did I was relieved and shocked.

"Okay so basically my wolf is the moon goddess but not the moon goddess, we have the power to keep all the packs from starting a entire race war in a Free-for-all but if wingers takes me he will have the ability to use me to start the war and kill anyone who crosses him making him the untilmate alpha." She said summarising out loud

"In a nutshell, yes" I replied
"Well fuck, let's just kill wingers and be done with it" she said back
"I mean that is my plan but I need to find him first"
"We could use me as bait, lure him out and then kill him. But we'd have to ensure he doesn't actually take me because honestly that would suck, again"
"Urm no that's not a plan that will ever happen but let's get Lyam and figure out a plan that doesn't involve you going near wingers at all" I replied feeling very defensive over the shit plan she came up with, the mere thought of her going near wingers has my blood boiling and Rikko becoming almost murderous.

"Fine, but you take away all the fun" Raine replies, she amazes me at how she has found her courage and strength.