Prologue: This Zeal of Mine

Opening-

           Creatures, Beasts, and Monsters wander here. I welcome you to the infinite realms of the heart and mind, to look within it as far as you are able. Grasp their threads connected to a grander web of mystery, of life both known and unknown to us of the universe. I Believe in Monsters, because of how connected we are to the universe and its structure, that has no obligation to make sense to us. So what wouldn't share those traits?

          From many places like an unfamiliar Cyberpunk Oz, falling into an apocalypse, an "Ozpocolypse". To a Steampunk Wonderland that hasn't found its true wonder just yet. No dreams from Alice just yet. The rabbit hole , for now, has journeyed into the unknown of the nightmarish and the Odd. Bringing with it a company of sorts, stuck in the middle. I Believe in Monsters;

And this is why

PrologueThis Zeal of Mine

    I'm sure you've heard it before, but if you haven't, I don't believe you; "In Space, No One Can Hear You Scream." So why then, could the people of this small armada of cruisers, and other crafts, hear the screams of a dead solar system? Well, it wasn't completely dead, not yet. All the planets here were gone, now well acquainted with oblivion. The void of space was all the darker for it. Only the red giant star, Arcturus remained. This armada held their last line close to there. The numbing screams of countless victims were drawing closer, growing louder - sinking deep into the survivors fleeting sanity. Worst of all, the screams were far from natural.

    Among those survivors was the owner of the star, sharing its name, Arcturus. In these passing moments, he could only think of what was lost from this system. "Ziripra (Zeer-re-pruh), Raotov (Ra-oh-toe-v), Crov (Crow-v), Drypso (Drip-so)." From the beautiful vast wildlands of Ziripra. To the unique gravity of Roatov, with most of its life and artificial structures rarely on the ground.

   Then Crov, the smallest of the 4. ¼ of it had been remarkably carved in the shape of the head of its Queen. And Drypso, partly ice with mostly water. It was the most populated, having wondrous and frightful life among all the depths of its oceans. All of them - were homes to him. None favored over the other.

    Reduced to memory and imagination. It infuriated him while basking himself within the photosphere of the sun. Being a Makali, (Mah-call-e) it was comforting. It kept him calm enough to be mentally prepared for the upcoming battle.

    His body's outer layer was a beautiful crimson light energy. Arcturus had the head of a sparrow with a long slender beak, thick long feathers out the back of his head and horns. He was twice the size of his two Makali brethren. The surrounding area flared and crackled as he vented away. Out of the top of the ships, he fired off solar flares into space. Aimed in a particular direction where they had been expecting company soon.

    Everyone present in the armada could hear so many familiar voices, coherent pleas among the other radical mass of screams. It wasn't long before it had driven the Yorlil, an amphibian race into a crazed frenzy. They were ⅓ of the Armada. A few Yorlil piloted all white sphere shaped cruisers with 2 black rings rotating around it. The rest had the same color scheme, but were shaped like double edged swords. Those ships had the head of what resembled a hammerhead shark.

   The Artemis the ⅔ of the Armada weren't affected, they were a synthetic A.I group of mostly hunters. Their crafts consisted of either piloted mechs or were Mechs themselves. Their bodies were shroom-like with long pedal shapes along the body like armor. Two bulky arms with long tendrils under. Some were more shell-shaped with 2-3 heads with long necks. They all had various designs of horns. Others had bodies with floral shapes, and arms with long snouted heads for hands.