Chapter 2 A Rose for your every Endeavor

There were plenty of similarities this new Galaxy shared with the old one as it was rebuilt. Nevertheless, it was met with even more abnormalities. This phenomenon always felt just outside the Royals, Bigsby and Bellatrix's control. Elsewhere at a much later point in time, Taliyah and many others were approaching a beautiful and bright quadrant of outer space.

At this point in time - it was long before humans gazed at the stars knowing what was what. Before they saw fit to name their galaxy, the "Milky Way". Not knowing it was just a piece of what Cheshire and most other races officially called it, the "Cheshire Galaxy". ‌ ‌This old home was drawing near in the distance for the space-faring Cheshire, on this proud frigate starship and others. It was a slender, soft white oval ship dressed in a mural of the planet it was built on, like all Cheshire ships. The violet flare glowing behind it, softly lowering, slowed its speed. Not too far from them, was a cloud of orange Star Dust that had traveled quite a distance to meet them. Many spots of it pulsated in a bright and lively alluring pattern.

Taliyah, the Makali Commander of this ship left her quarters before the crew's expected announcement. Not without gazing proudly at her collection of replica model star crafts she had studied and had the honor of docking over the years.

She stood at about 5'5, with an orange and Ivory uniform, an elegant hooded shawal matching her orange and black mask. She normally raised it when she spoke. The top layer went halfway down her back. Her long hair flowed the same orange, it moved slowly through the air like an ocean's current. Four arms, slim but strong, the top were more so wings with 3 fingers.

The soft humming of the craft's engine was music to her ears. This beloved ship of hers was named the "Homeland's Call." Very fitting for today. The Commander had been woken originally by the voices of the Star Dust. They were loving, appreciative whispers in her mind. They called her by a name defined in English as "family". Peering out the window her eyes glistened at seeing them and their destination.

"Commander Taliyah," a voice called, with the image of the pilot appearing from an orange crystal on her wrist. He was a Cheshire (chesh-ire) like the rest of the crew. They were a specially technological race with a variety of cybernetics. Whether it was an eyepiece, cybernetic limbs, exo pieces - each Cheshire had at least something attached to them besides what was embedded in their clothing. It was a coming of age for them.

Taliyah's current appearance, took on characteristics of the Cheshire out of respect and to build her knowledge of them. It was part of Makali culture to do this with races they took an interest in. Creating a complementary form close to theirs, if not exact. This was viewed as an acceptance of their world in a Makali, and vice versa.

The dialect of Cheshire was a language that had fewer words than ours, with a tribal accent to it. For our human readers out there, here it continues roughly in plain English. "Wow, you needed more beauty sleep." He said playfully, covering his eyes. The pilot's name was Majari, he was an albino Cheshire with piercing red eyes. Taliyah's mask rose with a chuckle. Her fiery orange eyes, coupled with the rest of her beauty proved otherwise and they both knew it. Every passing crewmate saluted her proudly. A few were even heard laughing with Majari's antics.

The females tended to have more variety of designs to their clothing, consisting of more shawals and wraps. Most of these styles came with hoods and longer sleeves. While the males tended to have more plain, simplistic ones, slimmer, with smaller scarves. All surprisingly very durable. Due to their feather nanotechnology in the design, on command it could shift and increase its density, to armor.

Females were naturally taller with longer and more vibrant feathers. Most Cheshire adult males stood at 4 feet, never larger than 5. While females were at 5 feet, sometimes larger than 6. Fortunately simple things such as this never demeaned or caused an assertion from either gender. At least, not the majority.