Chapter 4: Beware the Monsters Playground

The main colony ship had remarkable outer golden rings with thick armor plating similar to what they wore. There were 2 smaller black rings on either side. A mural of their home solar system with 12 planets and two white Suns. The inner body of the ship was a white oval. It was the first to finally make it into space. Idris' original freighter of command, The Depths, was in charge of keeping it safe.

The Depths was shaped like an onyx manta ray with 2 sets of orbs protruding halfway out the wings. Atop his ship was a mural of a black hole and an Orange Flare, representing the first time he met Taliyah. Among that was the planet he grew up on, a red and violet world. The 2nd ship was another frigate with similar design, the 3rd also matched the shape but was a smaller white corvette model of it.

Majari's role besides rounding up more survivors that could fit, was Taliyah and her team's ride after the mission. Whether or not the High Stakes Eye could activate. He was getting antsy, this was at the time hearing Taliyah's group establishing at the broken building. Majari helmed a shuttle ship from the Homelands Call. Until he heard the call he would help provide backup for the cruisers providing civilian pickup and transport. It was difficult getting people to be orderly. Understandably so, but time waits for no one.

As Majari circled the area shooting down the Star Dusts before they could get close enough, escorts were having trouble keeping more of the rowdier Cheshire in check. Plenty barged through the line, too frightened for their safety. Forcefully they had been moved out of the way of the others. The escorts were prepared, swiftly attacking pressure points, sweeping the legs, whatever they could to avoid hurting them too much. However, the Rowdy Cheshire's numbers grew. Fear loved company, the Jabberwocks indoctrination was getting to their unbalanced minds. Despite that, plenty of better minded Cheshire stepped in to help the Escorts.

Their fear instead turned to courage and empowered them, for now. These escorts moved like a force of nature, balancing their people and keeping the few Star Dust forces that broke through Majari's guard at bay quite well. Some even enjoyed taking down these monsters. Even so much as keeping score with each other. Majari called in for more support seeing more and more Star Dust approaching.

These escorts had tech on them that could fight off the Star Dust. Taliyah's crew had more concealed ones to get the drop on her. Most of what the Escorts used were made into staffs and other wide range devices. Production was limited, but they were handling themselves well. Of course they'd have stood no chance if Majari was not there.

The crystals in this tech would absorb what it could and unleash it right back at them. These were predominantly shot up into the air by the dozens for a rain of doom. Because soon after they become unstable and explode. These Gems produced an energy that ate away at light for itself. Or made it too unstable to hold its shape.

It wasn't long before these frantic ones were convened under the blood curdling screams and whispers of the Jabberwock scratching into their minds! They grew more rampant and now mindlessly attacking anyone near them. No longer concerned about boarding the ship. Any detainment they were in previously stood no chance. Some of the other crystals and gems the escorts used to create shields and detainment around the area had to be used on them to protect the others.

Nevertheless the Colony ship was filling up enough. It was almost time for him, and the support ships that answered Majari's call to escort it. One companion frigate with a smaller corvette ship. The skies around them were filling up with more flying Star Dust. Majari winced at every scratch, dent and bump he heard taken on the ship. Mainly because the mural on it was one of his.