Chapter One

I'm running. Running faster than I usually am. "What's going on!" I think to myself. "Who the fuck is chasing me!" I turn and look behind me, and there they are, half human, half dog looking people chasing me. I turn again but it's to late, they've shot me. "Oh Alexa...what are you gonna do now?" There mocking me. "Alexa....Alexa, Alexa!"

I sit upright in my bed. I can hear my mom calling me. "Sorry mom! I'll be down in a minute!" I yell to her and jump out of bed and look in the mirror. I think I look pretty normal, I think I do. Then again I don't know anyone except my mom and myself, and I don't have a phone so I can't just look up what people look like.
I do know that most people don't have green eyes like what I have. There dark and bright at the same time. I can also see really well in the dark, but my mom tells me that's normal.

I grab my backpack and run down the stairs. It's my birthday this weekend, so we are going camping. My mom grabs a bag of food and I readjust my backpack so it's not hitting my back so much. I don't really know why but my back has hurt a lot lately. There's two really big bulges on my back, about where wings would be if a person had them. Like an angel almost. But no one can have wings, that's not possible in this world. My mom told me that. My mom tells me everything I need to know. It's just me and her.

We run out to the car and I get into the passenger seat and wait, and wait, and wait. I look at my watch, it's been almost thirty minutes. This isn't normal at all. I get out and run to the door of our cabin. Just as I get to the door it swings open quickly. "Alex." She shoves the small bag of food in my hands. "Run. Don't let them get you!" I just stand there, looking at her confused. I realize her eyes are super dilated and she looks absolutely terrified. "Mom...." I can't speak. "RUN! ALEXA!"

I turn and run into the woods, not slowing down until I hear something coming from my house. *Boom* Gunshots. Tears run down my face as I hear screams coming from the house. My mom's screams, to be exact.
They suddenly stop and I hear another bang, than cheering. Someone just killed my mom. I turn and keep running as the tears do too. "I'm sorry mom, I'm so sorry"