Slow Morning

This is kinda required reading for this fic but I am not going to force y'all to read my oneshots first so I just uploaded it here for easy access

The faint early morning light shines through the bedroom window. In a large white king sized bed lay an octoling and her inkling wife. Marina's phone alarm goes off, the alarm tone is the ebb and flow demo she made when she first met Pearl. Marina groans into her pearl squid plush that she sleeps with, being awoken from her slumber. Marina grabs her phone and turns off the alarm. She then sits up and yawns, ready for the day.

Marina gets up and out of bed. She puts on her clothes for the morning, her headphones, a plain black tank top, and grey sweatpants. Marina grabs her phone and goes on Inkify to play her personal playlist of music while partaking in her morning routine. She then sends Pearl one of those corny yet sweet good morning gifs for when she wakes up. After she sends the corny ass gif, she goes to leave the room, but before leaving, she gives Pearl, who is still asleep and sprawled out on her back, a kiss on her forehead. Marina then leaves the room.

The first song to play on her playlist is Metalpod by Squid Squad. She starts her day, like every other, brushing her teeth (or would the correct term be beak?). She finishes that and ties her back tentacles into a low ponytail to move onto her next task in her routine.

The current song playing on Marina's playlist is Dubble Bath by Bob Dub. Marina travels to the living room in this huge house that Pearl inherited. Marina makes it to the living room, the room is bright with early morning sunlight because of the large walls that essentially make the windows of this room. The window's view is of the lake this house is built on top of and the backyard with the large pool. There is a white pristine couch with tacky red throw pillows, the couch has a few unnoticeable stains from when Pearl and Marina ate on the couch thinking they wouldn't make a mess at all. Marina pulls out and unrolls a yoga mat. Marina gets on the mat and starts with the lotus position. She then stands up and moves into the tree pose. After a while of the tree pose she then moves on to the warrior I pose and then a bit after, she then moves onto the warrior II pose. Marina was so focused on her yoga and listening to Dubble Bath, she didn't even realize her wife, Pearl, just standing there in front of her, wearing her iconic crown, a oversized t-shirt that says 'sorry I'm married to a freaking sexy wife she's a bit crazy and scares me sometimes but she is a perfect sunshine and hurricane. she is my world flirt with me, they'll never find your body (yes she bought me this shirt)' in inkish text, and short shorts.
"Hey Rina, how's the yoga?" Pearl asked while lightly chuckling to herself with a goofy devious smile on her face. Marina stands up straight and smiles lightly and warmly from seeing her lovely wife.
"It's really nice Pearlie, you should really try it." Marina responded with full sincerity.
"Pssh, maybe I should but if I have to wake up at six in the morning, no thanks." Pearl said in a jokester and non-serious way at all.
"Not even to spend more time with me?" Marina asks, cocking her head to the side while doing a little pout. Marina lightly chuckles to herself.
"Well, um, I guess I would have to reconsider then, heh." Pearl says, kinda looking away from Marina while blushing a bit. Marina then hugs Pearl, Pearl's crown falling off her head.
"Oh, Pearlie, you're such a funny mayo brain, I love you~" Marina says while slightly giggling. Pearl starts giggling too. "So Pearlie, do you want to make some breakfast?~" Marina asked Pearl while still hugging her.
Pearl got out of Marina's embrace and yelled, "Hell yeah! let's eat right now!" while pumping her arms in the air. Marina giggles to herself at her wife's goofiness.
"Alright alright, calm down Pearlie. Let's go to the kitchen." Marina smiles, stretches and goes to leave for the kitchen, Pearl speeding past her.

Pearl brings out the pancake mix and Marina brings out the waffle maker. Pearl and Marina begin to prepare the mix together. While Marina is stirring the mix, Pearl grabs an orange from the bowl of fruit they have.
"Hey Rina, I never realized how ginemenasaurus this orange is!" Pearl said to Marina while holding a decently large orange. "Or whatever you say, gigantosaurus."
Marina chuckles to herself while still stirring, "Pearlie, it's pronounced 'ginormous'."
"Well you still understood what I meant so that doesn't matter." Pearl retorted.
"Sure thing Pearlie. Now how about you make some orange juice from that 'ginemenasaurus' orange." Marina said while giggling from how funny saying ginemenasaurus is. Seriously, how was Pearl able to say that with a straight face.
"Fine Rina, I will drink it with the pulp this once for you." Pearl says while grabbing the blender they haven't used in three years. "Hey Rina, do you feel weird about using this thing?" Pearl says about the blender. "Y'know, given what happened four years ago."
Marina, done with the stirring, looks at the blender and cringes a bit. "A little bit, but it's been four years, plus, I kinda want orange juice, so it's worth it." Marina says, going back to making her waffles by pouring the finished mix into the waffle maker. "I'll handle the juice now, you should make your pancakes, Pearlie~" Marina says. Pearl hands her the blender and she then gets the mix and pours it on a frying pan. Marina plugs in the blender, she then stares at the blender, and then at the door leading to the basement that Pearl never enters.
"Hey Rina, you good? You just starin at that creepy basement door and it is freaking me out." Pearl asks out of worry.
"Oh, yeah I'm fine, don't worry Pearlie~" Marina says, now facing Pearl, smiling. Pearl just shrugs and flips the pancake in a very epic and cool way. Marina peels the orange and removes any seeds and blends it, the juice is enough for just both Pearl and Marina. They finish making breakfast and they then enjoy it together. The meal was great.
"I wish every day could just be like Rina." Pearl said, satisfied with her pancakes.
"Agreed, but at the same time it is very exciting that we get to go on tour with another band! I think their name was 'Damp Socks'." Marina said excitedly.
"Hah, that's a dumb name, I love it."
"We are meeting up with them today and I am so glad that we are because I already came up with a demo for a song called 'Candy Coated Rocks', I hope they like it." Marina said while stimming by playing with her hair.
"Woah, calm it! But seriously, I bet it sounds awesome Rina and they will totally love it!" Pearl said to hype Marina up.
"Thanks Pearlie, it means a lot to me." Marina said smiling. "Though we should probably start getting ready, our meeting starts soon."
"Oh shit, yeah, we probably should, we can clean the dishes when we get home Rina!." Pearl said, while getting up to rush to their room. Marina follows Pearl to the room.

Pearl gets dressed in a golden dress, black leggings, white boots, a white puffy jacket, visor sunglasses, and a golden crown. Marina unties her hair and gets dressed into an orange suit and suit pants, black heels, and a black sports bra. Marina also changes her tentacle tip color to blue. Marina also brings her laptop that has the demo to 'Candy Coated Rocks' on it.
"You look great Rina." Pearl says to Marina while lightly blushing.
"Why thank you Pearlie, you look great too~" Marina said while smiling. "Well, we should get going now." Marina and Pearl start to leave their home. Marina stops in front of the basement door, Pearl way ahead of her by now. Marina then opens the basement door. In the basement there is machinery and blueprints all around the basement and in the center of the room is a table and on that table is what appears to be a severally beat up antique telephone leaking light cyan ink. This is Tartar's husk, what is left of him after the battle on the NILS Statue. It seems that Marina might have been experimenting with Tartar's AI, though what this is all about is unknown. Marina just stares at the old telephone and then Pearl yells from the front door.
"Rina, hurry up, we need to get to our meeting now, come on!"
"I'm coming, I'm coming!" Marina yells back closing the basement door.