Sepia-toned Memories

*TW for highly toxic and abusive relationships*

The year is Mollusk Era 2011. This year, despite not being too long ago is not largely remembered by the inkfish public. This was a time while still popular, before Turf Wars really kicked off as a sport, before the Great Zapfish started disappearing every couple of years, before a large amount of weapons even existed, including but not limited to, the dualies, brellas, blaster, inkbrush, and slosher. There weren't even the Squid Sisters, they were only 13 at this time. In their place as the #1 in Inkopolis was no one, but the group, 'Contrasting Tones' a pop duo of a 15 year old Pearl and Sepia were getting there. While they do have a cult following, they aren't the biggest thing in Inkopolis. But today, they have a chance, today is the Shy-Ho Pop Contest, held by the famous music producer, Shy-Ho-Shy, and the winner will have her as their producer and they will become the biggest thing in Inkopolis.

An Inkling is sitting on a bed in a decently small apartment. She is wearing a sleeveless white dress with pink highlights and a pink neck tie. Her tentacles are white and pink in color and reach down to her knees. While looking completely different, almost unrecognizable from how she looks now, especially since she is lacking her signature crown, but this is a 15 year old Pearl. Pearl is strumming a pink and white guitar.

"Yo, Sepia, what song are we preforming for the contest?" Pearl asks the Cuttlefish sitting a chair across her. Sepia looks up from her phone and shrugs.

"I don't know, I will decide when we get there." and she goes right back to scrolling on her recently released phone. Sepia has tan skin, she is also wearing an outfit that looks very similar to Pearl's, being black and reddish brown instead of white and pink. Her tentacles are parted to the side and are the same reddish brown color as her dress highlights. Pearl puts the guitar on the bed and rises quickly to her feet.

"WHAT? Dude, we, no, I need to know what song we are playing so we can do our best! Do you want us to lose??" Pearl says absolutely befuddled at her partner's decision to spontaneous choose a song when they get there. Sepia puts her phone down and calmly rises from her seat and walks over to Pearl.

"Are you actually arguing with me right now? You shouldn't be questioning my choices, if it wasn't for me, you would still be shrieking mindlessly, destroying every speaker in the area." Sepia holds Pearl's head in her hand. "And relax, it's not like I am going to make a completely new song, you know how to play the songs we have already played at multiple venues, right?" Sepia looks into Pearl's eyes.

"Yeah..." Pearl responds meekly, looking away from Sepia. "Cod, why does she always do this when I disagree with her?" Pearl thinks to herself. Sepia smirks and lets go of Pearl. Sepia then sighs.

"Would it really make you feel better if you knew what we were playing?" Sepia asks, facing away from Pearl.

"Yeah..." Pearl responds as meekly as before, looking at the ground, it's like Sepia sucked the energy out of her.

"Alright. Hmmm, how about 'Hook, Line, and Sinker'?" Sepia says, and while Pearl couldn't see her face, she could tell she had a devious, devious smile.

"Come on! You know that song is so hard for me!" Pearl responded, finally getting her energy back. Sepia basically snaps into place to face Pearl.

"Are you actually complaining? After I decided to tell you the song we will be playing?" Sepia almost shouted.

"No..." Pearl responded meekly once again. Sepia smiles and kisses her on the forehead. Pearl blushes a bit.

"That's what I thought." Sepia then backs up. "Now chop chop, you know the song now, if you needed practice better do it now, the contest is in 4 hours." Sepia goes back to her chair and sits down. Pearl then sighs and sits back down on the bed and goes to strumming on the guitar, practicing 'Hook, Line and Sinker'.