ᴡʜʏ ᴀᴍ ɪ ʜᴇʀᴇ ᴀɢᴀɪɴ?

TW: slight violence, blackmailing, mention of blood, profanity, Mori being his usual creepy ass self

𝓘𝓻𝓪 𝓯𝓾𝓻𝓸𝓻 𝓫𝓻𝓮𝓿𝓲𝓼 𝓮𝓼𝓽
𝒜𝓃𝑔𝑒𝓇 𝒾𝓈 𝒶 𝒷𝓇𝒾𝑒𝒻 𝒾𝓃𝓈𝒶𝓃𝒾𝓉𝓎

☆꧁༒꧂☆ 

Victor had about 30 minutes to get to where he was to meet Akutagawa. He didn't have a car, mostly because he didn't go out (and because he was a reckless ass driver), and when he did it was to work, or Eeriest dragging him to a new place she wanted to visit, which meant that she would drive.

Victor went to the familiar train station and got onto the train, taking out headphones he blasted music, his foot tapping quietly to the rhythm as the train sped to its destination. In 20 minutes he exited the train station, walking to the tall buildings belonging to the port mafia. He was not in any way a part of the mafia, not anymore at least. He honestly didn't even know why Mori picked him for this job especially after what happened. But still, he was here.

*At least one year before*

A dull ache hit the White haired man's head as he opened his eyes, only to see darkness. Trying to move he realised he couldn't, his hands being tied behind the chair he was sitting.

"Oh come fucking on, you've gotta be kidding me" the tied up male aggressively wiggles his hands to try and get them free. His struggling was interrupted by a creepy chuckle, in front of him a light turned on, revealing a familiar middle aged man with medium length hair tied back by a red ribbon. A black coat rested on his shoulder as his face was prepped up on the back of hand with elbows on the dark wooden table below. Victor stared at him with a neutral expression, which was the complete opposite of his panicking mind that was racing may too many kilometers an hour with his thoughts going from "wow that is a creepy ass smile, why does he always smile like that" to "fuck, fuck, fuck, shit, to hell with this, блять, fuck". His thought process was interrupted by the man at the desk.

"You must be wondering what you are doing here again Victor. Well I am here to answer that question" Victor internally rolled his eyes at the sheer arrogance of the man in front of him

"We haven't seen each other for some time now, I hope you didn't forget your job with us"

"Nah, of course I forgot, just like your father forgot you after he walked out to get that milk" with a chuckle the younger male retorted in a sarcastic manner. He however regretted that seconds later when a scalpel flew past his face grazing his cheek a bit too close for comfort, sending a trickle of blood down his face.

"Oh? Did I strike a nerve there? Bit of a sensitive topic innit?" Victor proceeded to try his luck in front of the murderous mafia boss.

"No one told you to speak, you brat, one more word and you will only see out of one of your eyes" the man at the desk snarled at the tied man.

"But I thought we were having a conversation here Mr. Mafioso man, which means when you ask me something I answer"

"SHUT UP" another scalpel was sent Victor's way, but he somehow managed to dodge that one, the sharp object hitting the wall behind him with a sharp plunk. Victor's face formed a fake surprised expression looking behind him to eye the scalpel.

"Tough luck scalpel man, wanna try that again? I can make it more entertaining for you, just tell me what you are into and let me go afterwards, oh wait I forgot, I'm too old for you now" Mori exhaled sharply through his nose running a hand through his hair in frustration. He knew how much a hassle Victor was to deal with, but he forgot how openly annoying as the White -ette was sitting on a chair in front of his desk with a huge satisfied grin.

"Shut up and listen" the middle aged man hissed and proceeded "I have brought you here to discuss a certain transaction. Your ability is extremely useful, but even as an asset of the mafia you have proven difficult to... keep track of. So I am offering you a deal. I am going to ask you to fill in a training position, no missions or tasks involved. I want you to train our new force leader" Victor grin flatters back into his neutral expression.

"So? Is that a yes, or do I have to find another way to convince you?" Victor looked back at the man who was visibly ticked off at the lack of an answer.

"Why?"

"What do you mean 'why?'"

"Why me?" Victor tilted his head to the side, his voice calm and quiet.

"Well isn't it obvious, not only is your ability one of a kind, but also with the mafia training and experience you have will be perfect for the job" Mori moved from behind his desk to the front of the chair that Victor was tied to. Annoyed by the lack of response, he proceeded.

"Also it would be quite a pity if someone accidentally finds out about your past wouldn't it my dear?" He grabbed the young man's chin, tilting it up to look at his standings figure

"How would your current boss feel if he found out his best employee is a killer with a list of crimes longer than the charter of rights and freedoms, not to mention those hallucinations of yours, quite a set for an employee of the month don't you think?" Victor's breath hitched, he scowled at the man in front of him.

"You wouldn't" he growled, voice low and threatening. A smile crossed Mori's face as his grip on the mortician tightened, nails digging into his skin.

"Or would I? We can always test that theory mon chéri, aren't you curious what would happen if that past of yours came back to haunt you? Maybe you will even come back to me, crawling on your knees begging for you position back. Would't that be just splendid, especially for me" Mori's hot breath lingered near the younger male's ear words heavy in his mind. This felt all too familiar, Victor felt like he was 18 again, nothing but a puppet on choking on the skilful strings of his puppet master.

"Fine" Victor uttered barely above a whisper

"What was that?" Mori was enjoying the fact that even after all these years he still had influence on Victor's complex mind.

"I said fine, I will do it" the mortician answered, louder this time.

"Good, that's what I wanted to hear mon chérie. I will set up all the necessary arrangements, be here next week Friday at 12.00 sharp."

"Yes sir"

*Current time*

Victor entered the training gym belonging to the port mafia. He shrugged off his trench coat, put his bag next to the garment, and took off his hat placing it on top of the bag.

"Forweary, you are late" a familiar monotone voice reached the mortician's ears.

"I know, I'm sorry, I had some minor complications I had to take care of before I could leave" Victor turned around to see Akutagawa. He wasn't wearing his usual clothes, having switched to something more comfortable for upcoming physical activity.

"I could have picked you up, as you know i don't live too far away from your apartment" Victor smiled, it was not everyday that someone like Akutagawa Ryuunosuken offered to do something for him.

"Nah, it's fine, I enjoy the walk, and the weather outside is great. Anyway, let's start with what we are here to do, go warm-up while I get everything set up, and don't cough your lungs out. If it gets bad just stop and join me, I don't need you dying on me here" Aku's ears redden in embarrassment at that statement, as he tries to cover it up with a cough, and walks away to do what he was told to. Chuckling to himself, Victor goes off to set up everything they will need for today's training.

☆꧁༒꧂☆