❥ Home In The Field

(K/n) : Kid Name

I jump in surprise as my kid latches onto my leg from behind.
"Good morning mommy!" She giggles.

I place the wooden spatula I had in my hand on the counter. I swoop her up in my arms and hold her to my side, her arms wrapped around my shoulder.

"Good morning, Sweetie." I say, giving her a peck on the cheek.

I pick up the spatula again and continue to fry the food in the pan. Only a minute later, I hear my dear husband come out of our bedroom, yawning and rubbing his neck. I'm so glad it's his day off.

He walks up to me and give me short kiss.

"Daddy!" My daughter shouts and squirms in my arms, wanting to hug her father.

"How did you sleep, Kurapika?" I ask him.

"I slept okay, I'm sure I'll catch up tonight though," He responded with a lower voice, taking (K/n) from my arms to hold her. She laughs and snuggles to his chest as he carries her to the living room to play. The sound of cracking and sizzling filled the room.

After I finished cooking breakfast for us, I set the plates at the table with some silverware and call them over. I chuckle as I watch my daughter stand on her knees in the seat and dig in.

As I watch them eat, I can't help but glance at Kurapika, God, he always looks so handsome. Even if he may be covered in scars.

"This is amazing, Love. Thank you." Kurapika says, giving me a rare, warm smile.

"Yeah, mommy! Thank you!"

After our filling meal, Kurapika cleaned the dishes as I helped (K/n) get dressed and ready for the day.

Yesterday, my husband took me strawberry picking for fun. And I don't want them to go to waist. So why not make him a pie? He loves my pies.

The ranch it was at was just like our home, in a field with plants and flowers. It's beautiful but not the best for emergencies.

I take out of the fridge where I stored them, then pluck off the stem and wash them. I let out a yawn and catch myself almost dozing off while standing.

I hear my lovely husband and daughter laughing and having fun behind me. I'm feeling happier today, I was sick a few days ago but I certainly feel much better.

I grab a bowl and mash the berries down until it's like a chunky mush. Then I find the jar of sugar and pour a big amount in, I know my Kurapika likes his filling sweet.

I mix it all together, until it's like a jelly. I stick my pinky in and taste it. Just to comfirm it's alright.

That took enough time, and now I have to make the dough for the crust. I scramble through the cabinets to find all the ingredients and then begin to mix it all together. I wish it was automatic sometimes.

I lay it out in the pan and pour the filling in, then slide it in oven. I've been standing all day, my legs are aching and I think I need a break.

I sit down on the couch where my family is and Kurapika tilts his head slightly, then looks at me. "I can already smell it," He smirks.

I sit around watching TV with them for a while, then the oven's timer goes off, I go to the kitchen with a sigh of discomfort, my legs still hurt.

I pull it out and look at it with a little disappointment, it's burnt slightly at the top. But that's fine. I look at them from over the counter and shout in a joyful tone, "Are you ready for some pie?"

It doesn't even take a second for K/n to run up to me, just up and down with excitement while chanting "yes."

I cut them both a slice and hand them their plates, the both decide to make a mess by eating on the couch. But I don't bother to scold them.

I smile as I watch them eat it. I saw their faces glow up and as soon they took the first bite.

"You're the best cook, mommy!" (K/n) cheers to me.

Kurapika agrees and I go over and kiss him. I lick my lips, tasting the sweetness of both his taste plus the pie.

Oh, I'm so lucky to have you.

The moment was interrupted when I heard my daughter say, "Ewww.." She was clearly grossed out by us.

K/n takes another bite and hangs her tongue out, her voice muffles slighty, "I burnt my tongue..."

I lool at her tongue and shake my head, "It's not that bad, it will be good by tomorrow."

I hug her, holding her head to my chest tightly. I start to hear her sputter out and the plate she's holding shake against me.

"I- Uh- (Y/n), I think you're suffocating her-" Says Kurapika in a worried tone.

I immediately let go of her, not wanting to hurt her.
"Oh my, I'm so sorry!"

She rubs her head, "It's okay!"

Hours later and it is now night, and the moon has risen.   (K/n) is tucked in to bed. I slowly get in the bed as Kurapika lays there. I reach over to turn the lamp off.

I cuddle up to his chest and he wraps his arms around my back and waist, his head resting on mine. He pulls me close to him, I feel his warm body press against mine.

Even with his stoic voice and stern manner, he still sounds so kind and sweet.

"Sleep well, I love you."

"I love you more, Kurapika."

—————

Rewritten

Please let me know if I accidentally left a misplaced paragraph, I may not have noticed.