❥ We Don't Have Many Days

I bring Kurapika his steaming soup, setting it on the over-bed table along with a glass of water.

We've only been getting older, and my dearest Kurapika is now bed-ridden, and it pains me to see him like this.

Kurapika has recently gotten so sick, and it worries me so much. I don't want him to suffer to the end of his life, I want him to pass in bliss. His mind is decaying, he just can't function anymore. He can't even remember our best days together.

I sit on our shared bed beside him and help him eat the hot liquid, he can no longer eat the big dinners he used to be able to take down.

I notice a tear running down my cheek and immediately wipe it. It feels like someone is squeezing my heart.

I stand up to refill his cup of water in the bathroom sink. My eyes no longer show the happiness they used to hold, now they are only filled with unshared memories and sorrow.

I bring the cup back to him and help him drink it.

"Thank you, Dear..." Kurapika says in a low and weak voice.

I stare at his wrinked face, and his eyes that still present the same beauty.

All I can do now is take care of him and pray that he heals all right. He about doesn't even know who he is anymore, it breaks my heart knowing there is no actual cure.

It's just the curse of aging.

I take a seat back next to him as I continue to think about him. I feel tears streaming down my face.

"Please, Honey, don't cry." Kurapika says to me, that taste of sweetness still sugarcoated his voice.

"I'm sorry, Kurapika. All I can do is worry about you." I sob into his shoulder, sniffing in between words.

"You know I hate when you worry about me." He says back to me.

"Because, remember. We will have each other forever in the afterlife."

—————

Rewritten