Every little thing she does

꒰ ♡ ꒱

The afternoon sun lay to rest as night had taken it's place. The clouds barley visible, making the twinkle of stars shine bright above the city.

The car's wheels came to a halt on the gravelled stones as Shuri parked outside of Riri's garage, turning her keys to switch the engine off, then shifting in her seat to face the two girls sat in the back.

"Let's be quick in here, okay? The faster we get you both to Wakanda the better." She explained.

Khai and Riri nodded, before Shuri and Okoye opened their doors and stepped out. They pulled their seats forward giving the two students access to climb out, Khai slamming the door shut behind her once her sneakers hit the ground.

"This place looks so sketchy at night, i'm not surprised nobody comes here." Khai laughed.

Shuri just smiled at her in awe, noticing as she shivered slightly at the temperature drop. In a stark contrast to relishing in the warmth of the heated car for the long drive from MIT.

Riri caught sight of the princess staring at her friend, pinching her brows in confusion before a smug expression laced her features. Shuri turned her attention elsewhere, remembering what they where here for and that they couldn't be taking their time. She completely missed the way Riri had caught her gazing and followed behind Okoye.

Khai, being oblivious to the whole thing walked straight past the group and ducked her frame under the rusty shutters, only slightly raising the metal high enough to sneak through so they could keep a low profile.

"Please, don't touch anything." Riri pleaded as the four made their way inside the garage.

"You don't have to worry about that." Okoye replied, her monotone voice being evident that she had no intention of being there longer than she needed to be.

"It may not look like much but, it's my life's work in here."

The general gave a hum in understanding, being all to familiar with the scientist on her left constantly buried within her lab. working on anything and everything.

Khai giggled at the exchange. "It's true. She's pretty much in a committed relationship with her work at this point, dare me to say even married."

Riri let out a scoff, turning to see a playful smile on Khai's face.

"So, the design for the machine is on that laptop?" Okoye raised her brows at Riri.

"Yeah." She replied.

"And you just leave it on a desk in a car garage?"

Riri shook her head whilst grabbing the topic of conversation, shoving it into the bottom of her book bag. "I got 2065-byte encryption on that thing."

"That's impressive. Ever locked yourself out?" Shuri questioned, too invested in the pinned up paper of equations and scribbles in front of her to look away.

Khai rolled her eyes at the reminder, swearing to herself she'd rather die than go through that nightmare again.

"Took us the whole semester to get back in, Khai had to build a functional quantum computer just to crack my own encryption." Riri chuckled.

Shuri cocked her head, looking over at Khai. "You did that?"

"Mhm, but oh was it terrible, I think i lost half a head of hair with the amount of stress." She grinned.

Shuri was happy that Khai began warming up to her. She ran her fingers across one of the pages before moving over to where the three women stood. "What is it you're building here? Is it Stark Tech?"