| Chapter 2, Tricky. |

Art by CrazyTom on twitter

-

"You're doing it wrong." Your mother stated, coming over and helping you.
"You have to take it, under, through and around, then back through." She said showing you, once more. You stuck out your tongue trying to concentrate, doing what your mother just did.

"Is there an easier way to do this? It is quite tricky mother." You said trying it once more but failing. You were making woven baskets, and fishing nets, something your mother loved to do for some reason.

I think it's more of the fact she loves creating things. From clothing to gear, she knows how to make it. Which you admired most of the time, your mother was a powerful and strong woman, something you wanna be. But your older sister was definitely the gem in the family. She was cherished by a lot of people, and a lot of men wanted to be her mate, along with your brother.

He had women wanting him from left and right, he was going to be the chief after all. You were just there though, people wanted you so they could just have a title. Be something worthy or something like that.

Your attention was grabbed when your father came over asking for your mother. You both were sitting on the shore line doing your chores together, it was your mothers favorite place.

"I will be back my dear, if not just set the stuff next to the home." Your mother said, giving you a kiss on the forehead before walking away with your father. You sighed looking up from your work, watching as the eclipse happened. Your attention was caught once more, when you heard the sounds of laughter.

-

"Tag!" Tuk screamed as you ran away in the shallow parts of the water. Lo'ak laughed as he and Tuk ran away from Neteyam. Kiri was sitting on the beach watching them. Neteyam ran towards the two, of course not as fast as he could, Lo'ak let Tuk outrun both of you, her squealing with joy, as Neteyam tackled his younger brother into the water.

Tuk turned around laughing as Neteyam and Lo'ak wrestled. "Go Neteyam! Go!" Tuk cheered.

"Wow thanks little sister." Lo'ak said, trying to challenge his older brother but clearly unmatched.

"Say it, who's the mighty warrior." Neteyam said, clearly not phased by his little brother, Lo'ak growned flipping Neteyam off him, only for him to hang onto Lo'ak flipping him further into the water.

Neteyam got up letting out a laugh, before grabbing Tuk, and running further down the shore line with her. She laughed and laughed, as Neteyam ran from Lo'ak. He got up whipping the sand off his face before chasing after them once more.

"Neteyam look!" Tuk whispered, the boy looked over where she was pointing in confusion. Only to realize it was you. He smiled, before looking back at Lo'ak.

"Watch this baby sister." He said turning towards his younger brother, earning a confused face from him, but it didn't stop him. He ran towards the two. Tuk screamed in fear, only for Neteyam to reach out, taking his brother's shoulder and flipping over him and in the process, lightly kicking, knocking him into the water once more.

"Eat shit Lo'ak!" Tuk said Neteyam wiped his head around to look at his sister.

"Now where did you learn that from?" Tuk rolled her eyes at the stupid comment, and even before she could reply, Lo'ak had some words to say.

"You son of a bitch, what the hell was that for. Tuk he should have had a penalty, that wasn't fair at all. Dumbass bitch." Lo'ak said fixing his cummerbund that was now messed up.

"You should not talk like that around your baby sister." Neteyam said, covering Tuks ears, only for her to wiggle out of his arms, and run away from the two brothers.