Chapter 28

•Miriam's POV•

Last night Ruelle went straight to her room after she scolded me on what happened with Jed.

With a bitter heart and heavy tongue I just sat and listened to her.

I knew more than to argue at this point and I tried kissing up to her hoping to appease the woman which I got very close to breaking down her stubborn walls. In the end I just accepted defeat and let her go.

Face it your not that amazing.

This morning before she rushed off to work we both fought the urge to stay home and cuddle all day and honestly if she was to coaxed me enough I would give in without a doubt.

Unfortunately for me I opened the office door to see Mr and Mrs Rogers in a heated kiss. His hand was up her sun dress and her red lip stick stain littering his jawline and neck.

Well.

"Oh ...hmph good morning Ms Finly, your early." Mr Rogers said wiping his lip and shoving his hands in his pockets.

His wife lowered her head fixing her dress whilst bashfully bitting her lip before proceeding to fix Roger's hair with shaky hands.

Despite the flustered shy look, in her eyes you could see the lust she had for him and the same palpable expression lied in his.

"Good morning Mr and Mrs Rogers, apologies for the interruption." I said feeling a little awkward but Mrs Rogers waved me off with a chuckle.

"Oh it's not your fault blame my husband here even after 14 years of marriage he still doesn't know when to keep his hands to himself." She said holding his arm while looking up at him adoringly.

"I think it's time for me to go. A wedding's planner job is never finished" she said giving him a quick kiss and rushing past me out the office before he could protest.

If he could have her around at the office all day with him then trust me he would.

He was this close to giving her his own kidney once, that was years ago though.

I took a seat and a young lady came in the room with her cleavage on show.

"Hey daddy is this the lady you've been telling so much about?" The woman said with her head slightly titled to the side twirling her bleached blonde hair.

"Yes, Ms finly this is my daughter Jinx and Jinx this is Ms Finly, your soon to be boss." He said and my head whipped in his direction with a little grin trying so hard not to burst out in a fit of laughter.

For the life of me why would anyone name their child that?

My brow raised at him in question at the ridiculous name he gave his only daughter.

"Daddy it's Nixy how many times will I have to correct you?" She whined with a unpleasant glare.

"Oh really I wasn't aware that name was on your birth certificate also." He retorted and she rolled her eyes but returned her longing gaze towards me.

She took a gum out her top pocket and popped it in her mouth before chewing it obnoxiously almost causing my ears to bleed at the sound.

"I'll give you two a moment to get acquainted with each other." He said rushing out the door .

This old man think he's clever.

"What's your name?" she asked walking over to where I sat taking a seat and leaned on the table, her breasts almost falling out her red mesh bra. I could smell the mint from how close she was trying to get in my face.