Chapter 43

Some time has passed.

•Ruelle's POV•

I rubbed my swollen belly while watering the roses. Mind wandering off to the time I had a dream about Miriam walking towards me while the roses turned blood red.

Maybe it meant that she was going to give this garden to me.

"Ouch" I hissed holding unto my belly feeling the kicks every which way at the same time.

I went to get an ultrasound earlier and let's say the wind was nearly knocked out from my lungs from the news.

Shouldn't I be happy? I don't know. I'm afraid more than anything though.

I could die.

I waddled my way into the house to grab a few things and headed out the door with Martina in tow.

We got a cab taking us straight there and strolled into the supermarket. 

..

"You didn't have to come you know. I'm fine on my own" I said and she waved me off.

"No problem besides Dodeka's outside in the car" she said pointing through the door of the supermarket.

When did he get here?.

"Wait when did he get a car and learn how to drive?"  I asked puzzled.

"I got it for him. I saw him looking in a magazine and I asked if he liked it which he did so I bought it for him"  Martina said proudly with a smile picking up a big nutella jar and condense milk.

"Wow that was very thoughtful and rich of you" I said pushing the trolly almost bumping into a ladies ankle.

"Are you blind or something !" she said turning around making my heart race once I saw who it was.

"Mother" I said and her eyes wondered from my face to my belly in surprise.

"Which man got you knocked up. Or are you still with that bitch?" she asked making my hands grip the handle of the trolly.

"Honey you didn't tell me what drink you wan- " another voice said and paused staring right at Martina with flushed cheeks.

"M-Martina what brings you here" she said shyly.

My eyes went right over to see Martina stood still, her face stiff in sheer shock.

"Mrs. Black" she said and my mother peeked over in my almost filled trolly with a scowl.

"Are you planning on eating all that , you'll be a fatty by the time your done. You should give some to someone who actually need all this food" she said and Mrs. black rolled her eyes.

"Ursula we need to leave" she said pulling her away but she stood still.

"No I want to talk to my daughter. I'm sure she wants to know how her family has been since she hasn't called or visited us since she moved out with that mon-"

"If you even as much utter some racist shit about my woman I will slap it right down your throat. I don't care if you gave birth to me. You will not disrespect her in my  presence." I warned pointing at her and for a moment she looked surprised only to return to mean scowl.

"You disrespectful little -

"Have a good day" I said pushing my trolly right pass her and Martina walked while gaving Mrs. black a side eye as we passed by.

"Who would have thought" she laughed out loud catching some peoples attention as we walked to the vegetables section.

"What are you talking about?" I asked out of breath for some reason and my hands shook as I took up bell peppers and red onions.