15. Dally's Birthday

This is an imagine in honor of Matt Dillon's 59th birthday. I'm a few days late but HAPPY BIRTHDAY MATT DILLON!!!! Also for the sake of the story his birthday is November 9th, Dally's birthday, Matt Dillon's actual birthday is February 18th.

It was a well known fact that Dallas Winston didn't like his birthday. A) he didn't like any positive attention. B) it made him think of all the birthdays that his parents weren't there for in New York. (He'd stopped caring but he cared a lot when he was little. And C) he didn't like people following him around all day trying to make him feel "special". In his opinion it was all overrated and could be avoided. However, this year was the first year that I was his girlfriend. He had made the mistake of telling me about it and I was going to make sure that he had a good birthday if it's the last thing I do.

I awoke on November 9th with plans already forming in my head. First thing I did was walk over to the Curtis house. I needed Johnny in on my plan, and probably Pony too. I pushed my way through the front door hollering hello. I knew that everyone would be awake. It was 8:30 in the morning. Just as I expected, everyone but Dal was there. Dallas usually slept in until noon, especially when he stayed up ungodly late the night before. I was greeted with a "hello" or "good morning" from everyone except Two-Bit. One morning I had made a joke that they all sounded like machines in their "good mornings" and should mix it up. It was now customary for Two-Bit to greet me with "HEY MOTHERFUCKER!". I guess that I shouldn't be surprised. 

Immediately, and linked my arm with Johnny's and grabbed Ponyboy by the back of his shirt and dragged them out to the back porch.

"All right," I announced, "Today is Dally's 17th birthday." This news was greeted by smiles from Johnny and a suspicious look from Ponyboy.

"What are you thinkin' bout, Y/N?" Pony asked me, raising his eyebrows. He knew I was planning something. 

"Wellllllll," I said, drawing out the word, "I wanna make his birthday special and I got a plan," Johnny was once again all smiles and looked happy to agree but Pony had been apart of too many of my weird ass plans to be all in without hearing my plans first. 

"Oh calm down, Pone. We are just gonna throw a little party at my house tonight, that's all," I said, throwing my hands into the air trying to prove my innocence. "Besides, when have my calculations ever been wrong?" I asked, a smile upon my face.

Ponyboy raised an eyebrow at me, this time with a  smirk on his face, insinuating something.

"OK PONYBOY! THAT WAS ONE TIME!" I shouted at him playfully. All of his walls seemed to melt away and he finally agreed to help me.

Dally's POV                                                                                                                                                                                                 ---------------

Today was goin' just fine. Everyone seemed to forget that it was my birthday which was completely fine with me. The only thing that hurt my feelings is that my girlfriend Y/N seemed to have forgotten, too. She hadn't even called me yet today. Anyway, Johnny had called me today and asked if I could come over to the Curtis house. I walked over briskly, fingering  the blade that was the only thing protecting me from Socs. 

When I got to the house I wasn't even allowed inside, Johnny just grabbed my arm and started towing me in the opposite direction. After walking a few blocks Johnny slapped his hands over my face so I couldn't see. He just kept on dragging me, I didn't fall though so I was grateful for that. I heard a door open and finally Johnny took his hands off of my eyes.

Reader's POV                                                                                                                                                                                    ------------------

With the boys' help I had managed to throw together a party. "Party" was a loose term. It was mainly beer, nicotine, cocaine, and rodeos on TV. This is practically what he would have done very other night except I had made cheesecake. Dallas walked into the door and suddenly I couldn't contain myself anymore.  I ran and flung myself at Dal wrapping my legs around his waist and my arms around his neck. I buried my face into his neck. He stumbled back a bit but wrapped his arms around me. 

"Happy birthday, Jail-Bird!" I said and kissed his cheek. Jail-Bird was my nickname for him and he loved it. He rolled his eyes but smirked and said thank you.

"Love you, Baby!" I singsonged at him. " And I know you love me!" He laughed and put his face in the crook of my neck. He kissed behind my ear softly and whispered something.

"You're right, I do love you." he whispered. That was the first time he had said that. I knew he wouldn't admit it but it was the best birthday ever.