I Will Rescue You.

Stiles got to the Beacon Hills Animal Clinic in record time. As he enters and the little bell above the door chimes out welcoming; letting Dr. Deaton know he has a new visitor.

The dark man comes from the back: he looks exactly the same. The only difference is he has lost some weight. Stiles hasn't saw him in person in fifteen years. They only called and texted. Stiles only hopes the man isn't as cryptic about this shit as he used to be.

"Mr. Stilinski." Surprise clear in his voice. "It's so nice to see you in the flesh."

"Yeah, yep. Here I am." God why does he have to be so awkward for? He's going to blame it on the lack of sleep.

Deaton chuckles as he opens the gate. "What can I do for you?"

"Well." He starts as he walks to the back where the examinations happen. "I was curious if there is a way to bring Derek back."

"Back?" He repeats. "I am going to assume you mean back as in back from the dead."

Stiles nods. He doesn't trust his voice right now. He certainly does not want to cry again. Especially not in front of Deaton of all people. He's humiliated himself enough today, thank you very much.

"Why would you want to do that? You have lost friends before and this thought never occurred to you until now?"

So, Deaton became a nosey little shit apparently. Great.

"Uh." What was his supposed to say? That he and Derek are boning - dating - and they have a kid together so shut the fuck up and help for once? Yeah, he can not say that.

"Oh."

Oh? What?

"I see." Deaton continues when the boy in front of him doesn't speak.

The human narrows his eyes at the man and crosses his arms over his chest defensively. "You see what?"

"You and Mr. Hale were more than friends, correct?" He asks without hesitation.

Stiles really, really doesn't see why that detail matters. Not to Deaton anyway. "Why- "

"Dad!"

"Eli?" Stiles practically sprints to the front of the office. The mountain-ash gate is firmly shut so no weres' can enter without Deaton's approval. He swings it open and as soon as he steps on the other side Eli practically tackles him to the floor. Since when did he get so strong?

"Papa is dead." Eli cries out.

"Shh. It's going to be okay. It's going to be okay."

"H-how? He's dead."

"I know, kid. I know. How's grandpa Peter? how is he holding up?"

"He's putting up a front. He's not okay as he se-seems."

Deaton clears his throat from behind them. Wearing a smirk that would give Derek a run for his money. "So, I am going to go ahead and assume I'm correct."

Stiles rolls his eyes. "Yes, Derek and I have been together for five years now."

The vet's eyebrows shot up to his forehead "five years?"

"That's surprising because?" He drags out the last word.

"Scott never told me at - "

"Scott doesn't know. Why does that have to do with anything?"

"Because, Stiles, you may be able to just pull off your plan."

"What plan?" Cora demands.

Isaac, Cora, Peter, and Theo all come through the back door to the front of the clinic.