Chapter 4

The following morning, Jesse was sitting at the window and gazing outside when Leo woke up. Leo gets up quietly to avoid waking the others, then he approaches Jesse who looks at him. "You okay, Leo?" Jesse asks him while Leo sits down next to her. "Fine, I guess." Leo said to her while Jesse hugs her legs. "Do you think your master has taken him?" Leo asks her making Jesse look out the window again. "It's possible." Jesse said to him making Leo look out the window with her. "What are you looking for?" Leo asks her while Jesse leans her head on the window. "Nothing really." Jesse said to him making Leo look at her again and he looks over at Jesse. Jesse looked stunning in front of Leo as the dawn light illuminated her skin. "Why are you looking at me like that?" Jesse asks him not looking at Leo. "I...I..." Leo said to her while Jesse looks at him. "What is your story? Like where did you come from?" Leo asks her making Jesse look over at her sisters who were sleeping. "We are from Japan." Jesse said to him while Leo leans onto the wall. "We were human before turning into what we are right now." Jesse said to him making Leo surprised. "You were human?" Leo asks her making Jesse look at him. "We were once." Jesse said to him. "Why did you four turn into turtles?" Leo asks her. "You know your father's story on how you guys become what you are today?" Jesse asks him making Leo nod a little. "We experienced it as well; however, our attempts to flee from our father, who had just murdered our mother, were unsuccessful. The same ooze struck us while we were putting baby turtles in the water, changing us into turtles like you." Jesse said to him. "If there was a way to turn you back into humans will you take it?" Leo asks her making Jesse look at her sisters then back at Leo. "No." Jesse said to Leo as April exits her bedroom while the others wakes up. Tasneem awakens on Mikey's lap, and Donnie notices that he was holding Cheyenne. Upon noticing that they were cuddling, Jamey and Raph draw apart from one another suddenly there was a knock on the door making everyone turn to it. "Who is it?" April asks the person. "It's me, Charles." He said from the other side of the door. "It's my boss." April said to them as she walks over to the door. "Can you guys..." April said as she turns to the turtles to find they were gone. "Hide." April said to herself before she opens the door. "Charles, what's up?" April asks him as Charles and his son Danny walk in. "April...listen. I've...you have been working awful hard on this story lately. Why don't you take it easy for a while?" Charles asks her making April walk away from him to her bathroom. "Just...Just...Just let somebody else handle it. Just for a little while, you know?" Charles said to her while following April. "Charles, what are you talking about? It's my story. No way." April said to him. "Well, look at you. You're exhausted." Charles said to her. "I just had a rough night." April said to him as Danny sees Mikey under the blue table thought the mirror.  Danny turns around but Mikey was not there anymore. "Well, let somebody else help you cover city hall." Charlies said to her while April was getting ready cleans her face. "Charles, that's ridiculous. What's with you today?" April asks him. "Nothing's with me today. I just thought you might like a little help." Charles said to her as April puts water on her face. "Well, I don't. Hand me a towel, will you?" April asks him then she sees that Donnie was hiding behind the shower curtain. "Where do you keep the towels?" Charles asks her as he opens the curtain. "Charles, no." April said as she walks over to him but Donnie was not there anymore. "What's wrong?" Charles asks her. "I just...I just don't want you to see my unsightly bathtub ring. Okay? Just out, out, out." April said as he pushing him out of the bathroom while she looks up to see Donnie hiding. "I have to get ready for work." April said to him as the two enter the living room. "Are you sure you won't reconsider some help?" Charles asks her as he walks to the front door. "Hey, Danny, will you tell your father to relax?" April asks the teenager who was looking over the table where Mikey was hiding. "I wish." Danny said to her before walking over to the front door. "Just don't push any buttons today. Okay?" Charles said to April before he leaves. April closes the door and she starts thinking. "That was close." April jumps when she hears Tasneem. "Whoa! Time to switch to decaf, April." Mikey said to her as the others come out of hiding.

Later the turtles were left alone at April's home where Tasneem, Mikey and Leo were watching the tv where April was on. 

"This is beginning to sound less and less...like your common, garden-variety subway mugging." June said to April who nods a little. "Exactly, June." April said to her. 

"Boy, she's a good reporter." Leo said to the younger turtles. "She's a babe." Mikey said to him. "Stop calling her that." Tasneem said to Mikey while Leo looks up to see Jesse looking out the window again.

"Organization known as The Foot." April said to June. "I'm sorry, The Foot?" June asks her very confused. "Yeah, I know it sounds like a funky club for podiatrists...but I've been speaking with Japanese-Americans in the past few days...who say that our crime wave is reminiscent...of a secret band of ninja thieves...who once operated in Japan." April said to her. "Are the police looking into this?" June asks her. "I've included everything in my statement...but I doubt very much that Chief Sterns...is taking this possible connection seriously." April said to her. "I see." June said to her. 

Raph sees Jamey walk into the living room and she turns to him giving Raph a smile. 

"You still haven't told us how you got away from your attacker." June said to April. "It's really quite incredible. Some citizens of New York actually came to my rescue. Who says everyone in the Big Apple looks the other way? Seriously, I would like to take this opportunity...to thank one of those individuals in particular. And if he's watching, thanks, Raphael."  April said with a smile.

"Ooooo."

The group said while turning to Raph who looks away from them. "Studly." Cheyenne said to Raph while Jesse walks over to them. "Hey, look. I think he's blushing." Donnie said to them. "I am not." Raph said to him. "I think he's actually turning red." Donnie said to them then Raph throw one of his sais at Donnie that lands in-between his legs. "Maybe not." Cheyenne said to them while Jamey picks up the sai. "So, what do we do now?" Raph asks them while walking away from them. "What do you mean, what do we do now?" Leo asks him. "Splinter's out there somewhere." Raph said to him while Jamey hands Raph his sai. "I know Splinter's out there." Leo said to him. "Fight?" Mikey asks Tasneem. "Fight." Tasneem said to him. "Kitchen?" Cheyenne asks them. "Kitchen." Donnie said to them then the younger turtles and the smart turtles walk to the kitchen. "So, what are we gonna do about it?" Raph asks Leo. "What can we do about it? April's our only link to these guys. We have to wait until she comes up with something." Leo said to him while Jamey and Jesse watch the two. "Oh, so that's the plan from our great leader, huh? Just sit here on our butts." Raph said to him. "I never said I was your great leader." Leo said to him as Raph walks over to Leo. "Well, you sure act like it sometimes." Raph said to him. "Yeah? Well, you act like a jerk sometimes, you know that? And this attitude of yours isn't helping anything." Leo said to his brother making Jesse and Jamey look at each other. "Well, maybe I'll just take my attitude and leave!" Raph yelled as he walks to the door. "Why don't you?" Leo asks him. "Jamey." Jesse said to her sister who nods then Jamey walks over to the door. "I will." Raph said to him as he opens the door. "Good. Go ahead. We don't need you." Leo said to him as Raph leaves the place with Jamey following him. "Pork rind?" Tasneem asks her group who looks at her. "Pork rind." Donnie said to her as he takes one from her.