Chapter 3 - Class

Shoko Komi Pov
"Alright class, today we're starting a project." Everyone groans, then suddenly perk up, yelling that they want to be my partner. "Who said you were picking?" says the teacher, calming everyone down. "I'm picking groups." And with that, her first choice is to pair me, Tadano, Najimi, and (y/n) together. I almost breathe a sigh of relief.. I can't imagine how it would be if we we're in different groups.. it's a good thing we're not. Najimi immediately runs over.

"Yes! We're all in the same group!" Unlike me, Najimi voices their excitement. "Let's do this at Tadano's house!" Tadano, caught by surprise, says, "What? Oh, yeah sure.. I guess.." The rest of class runs smoothly, with the exceptions of Najimi and (y/n)'s excited chatter about the plan for this project. Tadano is staring into space absentmindedly. "Well, Komi? What do you think about that?" I snap back to reality when I hear (y/n)'s voice. They seem to really be getting into this. "Well? Go on, then! Tell us! Isn't our design amazing?!" I look at their design. It seems to mapped out into.. a meme format? Tadano is now staring at the design with his jaw dropped. "WHAT?! Najimi! You can't be serious with this design! We're gonna-"

"Actually.." Najimi cuts in. "This is entirely (y/n)'s idea." "And it's amazing. So? Can we do this?" (Y/n) looks between me and Tadano to gauge our responses. "Come on!! It's not that bad!" Najimi and (y/n)'s faces transform from a grin to a frown. "You can't be serious.. Don't you have any better ideas? There has to be something else.." Tadano is looking frantically to each of us to come up with a better idea. Najimi is staring at Tadano, probably to get him to just accept this as the idea for the project.. Or maybe they just zoned out. (Y/n) is looking at Tadano intently, in a way that both tells us that they're not budging, and that they're waiting for him to just give in. I, for one, have no idea what project to do either way.

"Going once... going twice.. going thrice.." (Y/n) is waiting for another idea from Tadano, and he looks just about ready to give up. "..And sold. Alright, people. Looks like this is what we're doing," they say, a smug look on their face. "Oh, shut up." Tadano seems slightly annoyed with (y/n). "What's the matter? Didn't get to pick the design?" (Y/n) is looking at Tadano in mock sadness, then goes back to normal and laughs. "Don't worry man, if you really want to change the design, we can. We'll figure out the details at your house." Tadano's expression becomes slightly less sour, and the bell rings to go home. "Looks like that'll be pretty soon, then," (Y/n) looks at their watch. "Well, I'll catch you all at Tadano's place, then. Bye!" And with that, (y/n) walks off, a grin on their face.