Chapter 13 - Wherever You Are

Starrey opened the door, "Hello," she greeted.

"Could you get Frank for us?" The guy asked. His dirty blonde hair fell across his face.

"Um," Starrey paused, unsure how to answer.

The girl saw Starrey's hesitation, "Hi, I'm Kaleigh and this is Anthony, sorry he doesn't have any manners,"

"Right, of course you play with Frank." Starrey recognized Anthony Green and Kaleigh Goldsworthy now that she knew their names. "Didn't he tell you? He's in New Jersey with his wife for Valentine's Day,"

"Oh really," Kaleigh and Anthony passed a secret look.

"We just came by to see if we could borrow a few studio cords," Anthony explained moving past Starrey into the home.

"Would you like to come in?" Starrey politely asked.

Kaleigh followed Anthony in the doorway and joined Starrey inside. Anthony had continued to Frank's studio, leaving the women in the entranceway.

"So?" Kaleigh asked looking into Starrey's eyes, gesturing with her hand out to prompt Starrey to introduce herself.

Starrey smiled, "I'm Starrey. I'm dog / house sitting for Frank,"

They heard Anthony move to the kitchen. "Kaleigh," he called.

"Have you known Frank long?" Kaleigh led Starrey to the kitchen. "I haven't seen you around before?"

Anthony was looking for a corkscrew in the island draws. He had two black cables coiled on the counter. A tall bottle of red wine stood in the center of the island.

"Did you find what you were looking for in the studio?" Starrey asked.

"No, but I did find Frank's birthday present to me," he plucked the golden corkscrew out of the drawer and closed it. "Girl,"

"Starrey," Starrey introduced herself.

"Starrey, will you find if ol' Frank has a decanter? Miranda is known for her crystal collection," Anthony instructed.

"Sure," Starrey went to the dining room hutch. She didn't see any, so she left into the back hallway.

"What's your plan?" Kaleigh cooed quietly already onboard with whatever Anthony was planning.

"She smells bitten," Anthony pulled the cork out of the bottle. He sniffed the open bottle and sipped away the top layer. He unscrewed the cork from the sharp screw. "Finger," he ordered.

Kaleigh held out her left hand, palm up.

Anthony pricked her index finger and squeezed it for blood. He dribbled her blood into the bottle. He let go of her finger.

Kaleigh staunched the bleeding by putting her finger in her mouth, and sucked it.

Anthony tore his thumb with the corkscrew and added his blood to the bottle.

Kaleigh's eyes danced watching Anthony's finger bleed.

"You want it?" he teased.

Kaleigh nodded.

He stuck his bleeding thumb in her face. She quickly licked the blood away. Anthony retracted his thumb before Starrey entered with a glass decanter.

"Perfect, pour the bottle in Starrey," he turned to grab three stemmed wine glasses from the display shelf.

Starrey poured the large bottle into the curvy decanter, unknowingly mixing the two vampires' blood into a truth serum.

Anthony smiled as he poured all of them a glass.