Chapter 3:Departure

Saphira, Firnen, Thorn, Lornaq and Reolan flew over the sea. Eragon, Arya, Murtagh, Turok and Aruna sat silently in their saddles, calmly looking ahead. Behind them, were Ikalor, Akala, Olsur, Ulmara, Undran, Teolara and Gelkara. On their backs, Kelja, Roedan, Korgon, Ralea and Azruk, were tossing around a woolen ball, wrapped around a stone, and sealed together with a plant based glue, while Judeor and Lorea were slightly ahead of their friends. Below them, Blodhgarm, Yaela, Tor and Heogarma, along with a few other elves, sailed on the Talita,

"Are you nervous?" Judeor asked. "Yes. This will be our first time in a battle, with an unknown foe. And we will be separate", Lorea replied. "At least we can enjoy the time we have left until then. Just to ourselves", Judeor said. Lorea smiled, and he thought he saw a slight blush on the elf's cheeks. He teased her about it, and got splashed in the face with water.

"I guess I deserve that", he said, laughing. "Yes you do, silly", she replied, laughing as well. Ikalor suddenly bumped into Akala, and playfully nipped her tail. The aquamarine dragon snapped playfully, and bashed him on the head with her wing. Ikalor executed a loop around her, and Judeor brushed his hand through Lorea's hair.

"Malthinae fethrblaka", Lorea said, and a small bird appeared out of thin air. It circled them, and the Riders were barely able to stop Ikalor and Akala from going after it. It wasn't real, silly, they told the dragons. Ikalor huffed, and tilted his head back, and body forward, before dropping, and then abruptly stopping the fall. The bronze dragon flew back up to Akala, who had executed the same maneuver.

What was that for? Judeor demanded. For calling me silly, hatchling, Ikalor responded.

 Let's not do that again, if you would, Lorea said to both dragons.

Judeor huffed in annoyance, as he heard Ikalor rumble underneath him, realizing the dragon was laughing at him.

Sensing his annoyance, Ikalor laughed harder still, only subsiding when a ring of fire shaped like a heart appeared ahead of them. They passed through the ring, only to be immediately doused by water.

Teolara, Undran, Gelkara, Ulmara and Olsur surrounded them, all five dragons and their Riders laughing at them.

"Hey lovebirds", said Ralea. "Shut up", Judeor said, his face heating up, which made them laugh even harder. "There's nothing to be ashamed of! You two look adorable together", said Kelja.

"It's just the natural order of things", Roedan said, smirking at them.

"You are going to pay for this", Judeor replied. "Sure, sure", Roedan shrugged. "Roedan, shut up before I wipe that smirk off your face", Judeor said. "Oh, really? I'd like to see you try, little cousin", Roedan replied.

"This should be good", said Azruk. Gelkara made a high pitched whine, signifying her agreement. The silver dragon egged Ikalor on, and Undran followed her example.

"Atra du bollr kausta eom iet lam", Judeor said, and the woolen ball the others had been tossing around flew to his hand.

"Are you sure you are ready for that? I am already warmed up, while you were talking with your girlfriend", Roedan said. Judeor said nothing, instead hurling the ball with all his strength. Roedan caught it with one hand, and sent it back with a deft flick of his wrist.

They tossed the ball back and forth, with some interruptions from Ikalor and Ulmara, while the others watched silently, for the most part.

Then, Judeor pretended to throw the ball forward, and as Roedan tilted forward ever so slightly, Judeor brushed his thumb across the ball, while at the same time striking it with his ring, middle and index fingers, flicking it backwards, catching Roedan off guard. But his cousin recovered quickly, and directed the ball back at him. As Judeor extended his hand to catch it, Roedan said "Atra du bollr kausta eom iet lam", pulling it back to him, though Judeor managed to stop it mid air.