Mom

-Steve's POV-

"MOM! I'M HOME!" I yelled dropping my bag.

"Hey sweetie!" My mom was washing the dishes.
Sometimes I wonder why she just can't use the dishwasher.

"How was everything at school? Anyone give you bullshit?" She asked me while turning off the faucet and drying off her hands.

"Today was really good. I had to stay after school to help this boy though." I said sitting down at the table. My mom walked over to me and hugged me.

"What was the kid like? Was he an ass? Was he nice? Is he a real dumbass?" My mom was talking at least 100 miles an hour. It reminds me of my first time taking Spanish. The teacher was talking at about the same pace as my mom right now.

"He was real nice. Didn't give me too much trouble." My mom sat across from me and held my hands. "I'm glad you had a good time tutoring him." My mom patted my hands. She then got up and went back into the kitchen.

There was something off though. My mom normally wouldn't ask so many questions about someone before. Maybe she was just curious.

I rose up and slumped up the stairs. When I got to my room I quickly sat down. I took out my journal and started to draw something. I looked down and I was in complete utter shock.

I drew the kid I tutored!

"Holy shit!" I mumbled under my breath. Maybe the drew the first thing on my mind. But why was he on my mind?

-Soda's POV-

I walked inside and threw my bag down. I flopped down on the couch and turned on the tv.

"He sweetie!" My mom called out. "Hey mama!" I said getting up and giving her a hug. "How'd the tutoring go?" She asked me. "It went well! He was real nice! And kinda cute." I mumbled the last parts.

"Ooooo does my son have a crush?" My mom's eyebrows went up and down. "Mom oh my god!" I laughed. "What? Is he older? Younger?" My mom asked. "I'm not sure. His name is Steve though." I mentioned. "Well ask him next time!" My yelled. "Alright I will!" I replied.

I walked back to the couch and sat down. I flipped through the channels and came across a movie. I was watching when Ponyboy and Johnny came in.

"Hey Pony! Hey Johnny!" I called cheerfully. "Hey Soda!" They both replied. "Someone's happy today." Pony remarked. "Your brothers in love!" My mom yelled. "MOM!" I yelled. "Ooooo WHO IS IT?!!??" Pony asked me. "I'm not saying!" I yelled at him. "MOM! WHO IS IT?" Pony asked. "Can't tell you that. You'll have to wait." She had a mischievous smile on her face.

"Mark my words Soda!" Pony pointed at me. "I will find out! Right Johnny?" Pony turned to look at Johnny. "Sure yeah whatever." Johnny was on his phone. "Well looks like Johnny isn't paying attention." I laughed. Pony stuck his tongue at me.

I didn't care. I was just thinking of Steve.