Chapter 51: First Time

***WARNING: SEXUAL CONTENT AHEAD***

I woke up with a start. Sitting up, I squinted, looking frantically around that the space beside me was empty. Had I dreamt that Auric came over last night?

My hand touched the space and it was still warm. That meant he really was there. But where'd he go?

Glancing at the window, it was closed and had no indication that it was opened after last night. I frowned at Newt's backside up in the air by my bed, his head disappearing underneath while his tail swayed from side to side. Leaning a bit forward, I spoke Newt's name but then my attention snapped to my door when the handle jiggled followed by curt knocks.

"Thea Saranto! Why is this door locked?!"

I groaned, rubbing my hands down my face and then stood up, nudging Newt back from the bed. He panted, whining a bit as he stared at the bed and I frowned at him until I yelped when something grabbed me by the ankle. Stumbling back a few steps, I widened my eyes as Auric was coming out from under my bed and he placed a finger to his lips. Newt barked, happily panting as his tail swayed again.

Auric glanced at my door when my aunt called in asking what I was doing.

"Thea! Open this door, right now!" my aunt shouted, banging on the door again.

Auric stood up, motioning to the door as he was hopping over my bed and hiding in the closet. Frantic, I scrambled to my door and glanced at the closet, hoping Auric wouldn't be easily spotted. But then I saw Newt hopping towards it and I whispered his name, tapping my thigh and he immediately came to my side, sitting beside me.

"Stay," I whispered to him before replying, "O–Okay!" to my aunt. I unlocked the door, yanking it open and stared at my aunt. She already had her eyes narrowed, lips in a tight line. Her gaze gave me a once over and I did the same to myself, panicking for a second when I was only in a t-shirt but then remembered that this was normal sleepwear for me.

Aunt Penny raised an eyebrow. "Someone in there with you?"

I knew what she was asking but I craned my neck forward and raised my eyebrows. "Hm? What? No! Of course not!" I could immediately visualize the major eye roll my boyfriend was doing right this moment.

Aunt Penny narrowed her eyes, nodding for me to let her in. I frowned, asking why when I told her that no one was in here but me and Newt. My dog barked, rushing past my aunt's legs and taking his leave down the stairs. Aunt Penny looked over her shoulder at the stairs then frowned at me.

"Well..." I shrugged a shoulder. "Just me now, I guess."

It wasn't a time to joke, knowing my aunt was still upset with me about all the things I'd been keeping from her. But I didn't want her coming into my room. That would be horrifying if she finds Auric!

Leaning into the space between my door and the doorway, I raised my eyebrows, asking if I could get ready for school. My aunt stared at me, glancing behind me and then back to me. She looked tempted to just walk in here but I was grateful when Newt barked, whining from downstairs. He most definitely needed to relieve himself.

"Would you mind letting Newt out?" I asked, biting my lip.

Aunt Penny narrowed her eyes. Her jaw slanted to the side, lowering an eyebrow before deciding to let the "let me into your room" thing go. She grunted, shaking her head that she wanted to let me know that the alpha had arranged for Aunt Penny to use one of the stored away vehicles for her to use to get to work. In case our car was compromised.

"I figured you'd be heading to school with those... other kids..." My aunt eyed me. "Along with him, right?"

Not needing clarification on who 'him' was, I nodded, giving a small smile and promised to get to school on time. And that I'd see her after she got home. Aunt Penny narrowed her eyes a little more, letting me know that I was to come straight home after school and no funny business with 'that boy' because we would be having our discussion.