013. 𝐯𝐢𝐨𝐥𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐬

[ 🏹 ] ✾•❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅•✾ [ 🏹 ]

☼  trigger warning: suicide. ☼

[ 🏹 ] ✾•❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅•✾ [ 🏹 ]

thirteen. don't you dare look out your window,
darling, everything's on fire
the war outside our door keeps raging on
hold on to this lullaby even when the musics gone.」

HOW LIZZIE GOT DRAGGED OVER TO A DUST-COVERED TABLE TO PLAY CARS, she didn't know. But the second Sam's eyes caught sight onto the various toys in the room, he hadn't wasted a second in leading her and Ellie over to see.

The interior of the room was filled with childish drawings and toys, sat idle for endless years under the city of Kansas.

"I heard about places like this. People went underground after Outbreak Day." Said Joel, "Built settlements."

His gaze fixated on a large whiteboard that read: house rules. Under sat about six or seven rules that clearly hadn't been followed.

"What happened to them?" Ellie inquired, placing her gun down on the table beside Lizzie and Sam.

"Maybe they didn't follow the rules and they all got infected." Joel responded, walking deeper into the room.

Over at the small table, Ellie drove a small plastic car over the edge, grinning as Sam looked up to her with a playful smile. Lizzie huffed in amusement, watching as Sam knelt down and picked up an old comic book with the words: SAVAGE STARLIGHT!

Ellie visibly lit up, dropping down beside Lizzie, "No way! I love these." Realising he didn't know what she said, she motioned to the notepad around his neck. After he handed it to her, she wrote the words: I have issues. . . Four, five, six, seven," she grinned to the blonde knowingly, "and eleven."

Sam nodded, taking back the notepad and writing the words 'I have five, six, eight.'

Lizzie watched the interaction with a grin. Not that Ellie was in anyway bad company, but it was nice having somebody else to communicate with.

In an extremely overdramatic voice, Ellie spoke. "To the edge of the universe and back," she grinned as she watched Sam start to sign the words, "endure and survive."

Lizzie tilted her head, "endure." She repeated, copying his previous movements as he nodded, "and survive." It took a minute before she and Ellie were fully able to repeat the boys actions precisely. "Fuck yeah, man!"

"Keep it down. We're not out yet." Joel advised, looking around suspiciously.

Lizzie rolled her eyes as she turned to the man. "Joel," she whined, "do you ever think that maybe not ever place is filled with things that want to kill us?"