Ch 0: Beginning Of Everything

Atlas is the safest city in the remnant. At least that's what they call themselves. But I am not gonna lie for the safest city this place is pretty dangerous.

I was tied to the chair while looking at my parents being beaten in front of me. Three muscular men in Atlas soldier uniforms are beating them. The funny thing is they are actually real Atlas soldiers. They are soldiers that were supposed to protect us, citizens.

After another few minutes of cruel beating man in a white suit comes in. He has white hair and the same white mustache. And it isn't natural whitening because of old age or natural-born white hair he just dyed them. It was pretty obvious if you observe them a little closer.

A man walks in front of my parents and said in a cold voice: "Noir doesn't make a situation harder than it already is for you. Look at your poor wife. At this rate, she might not able to see tomorrow's sun. And look at poor (Y/n) I'm sure he is very sad right now. Well? Seeing how pathetic his parents look like maybe he might be more ashamed of you guys than sad for you. So whatcha wanna say? Do you wanna accept my offer? If you do I will at least leave you guys with your house."

My parents didn't say anything they only groaned in pain. Then slowly my father holds the man in a suit's leg. And looked at him with a pleading look and said in a weak voice: "W-why?... J... Jac... ques... why?"

Hearing this Jacques only stared at him coldly before starting to stomp on his head violently. While doing so he said in a cold voice: "What you say you a dirty animal? Did you say 'why'? How dare you ask a question of me? You dirty animal?"

He didn't stop calling me and my family animals. While doing so he treated my father really like an animal. But strangely enough, I don't seem to feel anything other than a little pity when looking at this scene. No anger or hatred or anything that even gets close to that.

Suddenly someone pulls my hair and lets me look at the scene more closely. The person who did this was a woman in her late twenties or early thirties. She whispers to my ears: "Do you see this scene brat? This is what happens when you are weak and powerless. This is what happens when you refuse to acknowledge your place. If your daddy just accepted Jacques's deal then you and your family won't have been in this kind of situation."

Even though she is trying her best to hide it I can still hear little playfulness in her tone. And I can hear what kind of sadistic bitch from just this alone. But strangely enough, I don't seem to feel anything after hearing her words. I was rather bored than anything else.

I guess she was bored from my plain reaction and let go of my hair then asked Jacques: "Mister Jacques what should we do with this brat?"

"What else do other than what you do with other children? Send him to Mistral to do mine like other ones." Well, that was the last thing I heard before knocked out by someone. Oh, right I think I also heard my mother screaming or something similar.

...

When I woke up from my deep sleep I was in a metal box with a little hole. I guess it's meant to get oxygen in so I can breathe. I was still tied and put on some strange mask and because of it, I couldn't scream or anything. But thankfully I can still breathe normally with this.

I also can feel in this box some kind of strange stone with me. They look pretty and from time to time they will shine with many colors. I assume they are dust maybe raw ones or something like that.

Also from the uncomfortable feeling, I am getting from my stomach I assume I am in bullhead. I guess they hide me inside a box filled with dust and then delivered me to Mistral. I guess this is going to be a long journey.

Who knows maybe there is a surprise waiting for me.