Part 17

I felt Shuri's body tensing up as Omari came a little closer, her eyes focused on us both while I tried to grab Shuri's hand just as she violently pulled it away not even letting me touch her.

"What are you doing here?" Shuri mumbled through her teeth.

"It's our General's birthday...I would not miss it" Omari smiled staring into Shuri's eyes before glancing over at me "Hi Y/N... Long time no see"

"You shouldn't be here" I whispered looking around trying to understand if anyone was staring.

"It's my country too. The invitation said every Wakandan was invited" she shrugged her shoulders off moving her eyes to Shuri once again. I could see she was having fun.

"I thought you'd be smarter than that" I muttered.

"Leave" Shuri spat making Omari burst into laughter letting her head fall back.

"No" her eyes changed as she smiled.

"Now" Shuri's voice was a little lower as her lips kept still in a straight line.

"What are you going to do? Make a scene? Oh please do it...I would love for everyone to know how your wife, the second Queen of Wakanda is actually a whore" she tilted her head looking at me.

I felt my body tensing up, my fists closing as the will of punching her dumb face started growing on me, but I stopped myself from it feeling everyone around us staring. I quickly glanced at Shuri, a part of me wishing she would just blow up and kick her as hard as possible, she would never, not in front of everyone. 

"So..." Omari glanced over at me putting her hand on my waist "Wanna buy me a drink"

"Want me to punch you in the face?" Shuri mumbled as her lips formed a fake smile "Let go of her" she tilted her head.

"I would love to" Omari grinned taking her hand off me "The Queen of Wakanda going back to her little anger issues and assaulting a random citizen?! Oh that would be amazing" she chuckled as I took a deep breath trying to calm myself down.

"Can you please just go away?" I felt my voice crack as my chest got a little tight.

Omari glance at me before moving her eyes up to Shuri never taking a smirk off her face before letting her head fall back laughing "I'll see you guys later" she said before turning her back and walking away.

I stood still keeping my eyes on her trying to understand if she was actually leaving, before turning to Shuri who was looking down with her teeth bitting her lower lip.

"Shuri...?" I asked carefully reaching out for her hand.

"Don't" she muttered looking at me making my spine shiver.

"Let's go take a walk..." I tried again.

"I said 'Don't!" She raised her voice as I felt my legs trembling a little "I'll be right back" she said turning her back on me.

I stood still feeling my eyes getting a little foggy as I followed her figure walking up the staircase and feeling a sense of guilt building up on my body. I couldn't let her leave like that. I started walking towards the stairs not even looking back at the rest of the people behind me who were still dancing with joy. I entered the palace, there was not a single soul inside, something I had never seen happening, the lights were low, leaving a feeling of coldness around. 

"Shuri?" I called her name walking throug the hallway and looking around trying to find her.

I finally looked inside a small room, nothing but books and pictures on the walls, I loved this room. Made me feel like home. There was not a single drop of technology in there, just paper. I walked in, closing the door behind me as my eyes stayed focused on Shuri leaning by the window. 

"Hey" I whispered coming a little closer.

"You were supposed to stay down there" she muttered not even looking up at me.

"I was not gonna let you run away" I said finally sitting down on the desk right next to her.

"She's repulsive" Shuri said making my heart stop and simmply nod "How could you even...?"

"Can we please not do this?!" I sighed lowering my head.

"I just can't wrap this around Y/N!" Her eyes met mine as her eyebrows frowned a little "You fucking had sex with that? Was I not enought for you!? Were you unhappy? Did I not give you enought?" her voice was hurting but I could feel a bit of anger on it making my stomach twitch.

"You did! You were always enough" I said quietly.

"If I were, you wouldn't had done it!" she pressed her lips together "Fuck" she let out starting to walk around the room resting her hands on the back of her head "I can't take the image out of my head!" her eyes were closed.

"I tought we were trying to forget this..." I whispered following with my eyes.

"Forget this?!" she raised her eyebrows "I can't forget this!"

"Shuri" I got out of the desk slowly walking over to her feeling a little afraid of even touching her "I still love you..." I whispered resting my hand on her cheeks making her look at me.

"THEN WHY DID YOU DO IT?!" she finally yelled pulling away and leaving me standing with my legs shaking.

"I DI..." I yelled back stopping myself and running a hand over my hair before taking a deep breath "I wish I could go back. But I can't! I'm sorry" I whispered feeling every bit of my heart being ripped apart.

"You just had to say no..." a tear rolled down her cheek as she quickly wipped it of with her hand "And now it would still be me and you...Like we've always been..."