Ep 1- Chapter One

I walked up an almost fully recked building trying to be as quiet as possible, to be fair basically all of the buildings in the QZ were recked beyond repair as the fucking useless government refused to try and rebuild anything. The real reason for this is the plain fact that it doesn't matter to them. FREDRA live in bloody luxury while we slave our asses off so that they can live a 'perfect happy life.'

I keep on silently walking up some very rusted stairs, holding my gun close and slightly raised when I hear talking.

Fireflies I assume but I can't really see them yet. They're whole idea is about being better than FEDRA and 'bringing light to the world' but they are barely better than those assholes anyways? I can't believe anyone would join groups like that. In this world the only people you can truly trust is yourself, yes I guess some of them are just okay? They just joined the fireflies because they were dumb and oblivious but some are just straight up dicks. If someone's friendly to me, I'll be friendly to them. But if they're not, jeez you better start praying.

I realised I was kinda lost in my thoughts when I was snapped out of them by nearly walking straight past a corner and into a corridor which probably would of revealed myself. I hide behind that same corner and I spot Marlene. The stupid leader of the fireflies and one of her 'followers' trying to drag her up. I also see a shit ton of dead bodies and blood and I think to myself 'Jesus Christ' with a scoff and a small laugh but I made sure no body could hear.

A thing about me is I tend to laugh at things some may not consider that funny and I have the inability to keep my mouth shut.

And it's certainly ended up with me being punished for it by FEDRA or other people. And then it always ends the same, me not being able to keep my mouth shut and giving them some back chat then them getting angry and they try to hurt me. Yeah they do to be fair to them, you know let's give the assy government some credit where it's deserved, they can punch. But then I just escape every god time so I don't know why they still try. They are just too self obsessed I guess.

I decide to to watch and analyse the situation for a minute before I reveal that I am here so I just stand there watching, being careful not to be seen.

Just In front of me I see two people hiding behind a corner just like me. An older man walks down the hall way slowly with his gun ready as he walks towards Marlene and whoever the other person is. He looks, well... not very friendly to say the least. But I have to admit he is attractive.

Suddenly a door opens to the right of the man and a girl comes running out with a knife. But the man thinks quickly and throws her against the wall. I just stand there shocked with my mouth slightly open as I certainly was not expecting any of that. But I still wait for the right opportunity to reveal that I am here.

And then there's just a mess of everyone pointing their guns at each other. Two directed and the man and the woman he's with and then the man's at the little girl.

"Joel?" Marlene says. "Marlene?" I assume from that very short conversation that Joel said that. What kind of name is Joel anyways?

The girl tries to lunge for her knife but Joel, I guess if that's even his name, stops her. "Ellie" I hear Marlene mutter, so Joel and Ellie got it. I make a mental list of all the names in my brain and continue to watch quietly.

They start talking about a car battery for some reason or something like that anyways, I'm not particularly interested in their boring conversations. I make sure my backpack is all zipped up before I go in and I feel like this is my chance to have the upper hand and confront them.

A/N-

So this and chapter 2 where originally one chapter but that was way to long for my liking so I just split it up into two 💀

Word count- 754 words
Date finished- 15/4/23