Ep 1- Chapter Four

(Y/N's POV)

"Y'all talk it through but please remember I'm bleeding out." Marlene says.

"Okay here's the deal", Tess said, "we'll get her to your crew at the State House, but before we hand her over, they give us everything we want. If not we kill her there and then."

"WOAH, a bit harsh." I replied in a slightly shocked tone.

"Deal." Marlene says quickly.
"Really? That fast?" Ellie says.
"You are all that matters, my team will not jeopardise that. Now go get your backpack."

"Yeah well you're not exactly known for keeping promises are you Marlene?" I say in a passive aggressive tone but she just ignores me.

God I hate how she always fucking ignores me when I try to aggregate her.

Ellie gives her a unsure look and Marlene sternly says, "Now, Ellie."

Okay so I came in here to shout at Marlene or some shit and now I'm fucking taking some random kid to Marlene's little friends with some two random adults.

Delightful.

"Joel, don't fuck this up. And be nice to (Y/N), she could really be useful to you if you let her." Marlene says in a warning tone.

"That's one way to put it." Tess says smirking again in a slightly suggestive tone and I nearly choke on the air when she says that.

"Let's go." Joel demanded almost immediately, a warning look on his face.

"And (Y/N), don't underestimate them either they are sneaky, they'll have no problem betraying you if necessary." Marlene told me.

"Lucky me." I said facing Joel while rolling my eyes and giving them a sarcastic smile

Ellie comes back into the room and we walk outside.

I put my hood up and zip up my jumper while I put my backpack on properly.

It was getting very dark now and it was chucking it down with rain. I walk right beside Ellie just incase anything happens.

"You don't need to stand right next to her, we've got it covered, you know?" Joel says to me bluntly

"I didn't ask you, you know?" I say doing an impression of him at the end.

But he just rolled his eyes and we walked indoors to a building. We kept on walking and for a minute and then Tess unlocked a door and he told us to go inside.

"Give us a minute alright." Tess spoke then slammed the door in our faces as soon as we got inside.

"They're nice." Ellie said sarcastically
"I know right, delightful." I spoke laughing a bit, "This is why I work by myself."

I listen outside but they are just talking about which route to take so I just walked in further to have a look around and Ellie followed.

"So you have.. nobody?" Ellie asked slightly sadly.

I turn back round to look at her with a slight awkward shrug. "Uh.. no, not really. I prefer my own company."

"Yeah I can tell." She replies with an understanding nod.

I sat down on the sofa while Ellie fiddled around with things on the table while looking back to make sure they weren't coming back in.

"That kinda looks like a bomb so I'd be careful around that." I said smirking.

She picks up a book and started flicking through it.

I hear Joel shouting for Tess then he comes back in slamming the door behind him.

"So who's Bill and Frank?" Ellie asks Joel. He doesn't reply and just stares at her so she went on, "The radio's a smuggling code, right?"

"Wait, you know Bill and Frank?" I question with a curious tone and also slights hint of confusion in my voice.

"Do you know Bill and Frank?" He says, confused.

"Yeah we trade sometimes, I've been over to where they live before. I have to say it's pretty impressive." I say with a shrug and a nod.

"Why the hell would they be talking to you?" He says in a confused tone.

"Ouch." I reply sarcastically putting a hand to my heart in a mocking way.

"So are you guys gonna tell me who they are or what." Ellie asks.

"No." Joel states simply with a glare.

Then Ellie started explaining how on the radio each decade meant something different while reading from the book.

He went over to her and smacked the book at her hands. Then he just lied down on the sofa.

"What are you doing?" Ellie questioned rudely.

Jeez this man is not nice.

"Killing time." He grumbles, not even bothering to look at us.

"It's okay Ellie, this way we can kill him in his sleep." I say with a sarcastic grin and a slight smirk.

Joel suddenly turns to me with an almost concerned expression and I can't help but burst out laughing when he says that.

"Jeez, mate, I'm joking! Calm down." I say with a small laugh and Ellie also laughs along.

"Mate? Are you from a different country or something?" He questioned still a bit disturbed from my most recent comment.

"You could say that." I say simply, not revealing too much and obviously not trusting him yet.

Me and Ellie just sat in the corner and spoke about random stuff while Joel slept. Mostly just about stuff like music, school etc. But she also questioned about what's going to happen when we hand her off but I just said that whatever happens I'm sure it'll be fine.

"So Joel huh?" Ellie said simply with an almost unreadable expression.

"Yeah seems like bit of an asshole if you ask me."

"Mh I thought you two like each other so far." She says and turns round to me with a fake innocent smile, but I can see right through it.

I raise an eyebrow and she proceeds talking.

"I overheard Tess talking with Joel before and she seems to think so toooooo" She laughs and turns back to the window with a suggestive tone.

"I have no idea what your taking about Ellie." I say simply with a fake confused tone.

"Yeah you and Joel have something, I can tell." She says while winking at me.

"What's that supposed to mean?" I say with a slight amused laugh at her comments.

"Oh don't act du-" She starts to speak but I cut her off with a small punch to the arm as Joel started to wake up.

Date finished- 16/4/23
Date updated- 7/8/23
Word count- 1083 words

<3