Chapter 8 - Caleb and Lena

This chapter will be written like a usual chapter in a story then I will switch it back to the phone conversation.

-

BOLD: Girl

Italics: Boy

_

Lena stood before the park's gate, rubbing a hand over her loose-fitting vintage dress as she stared ahead. She gulped as she twisted her feet in her flat shoes. Her grandfather came around and said he felt Caleb was going for a down-to-earth picnic as he sounded just like him when he was younger when Lena told her grandfather about Calbe. So she chose no makeup and pinned her scruff of curly, brown hair with butterfly and flower hair clips that she thought would enhance her already attractive face.

She looked around the park,  sighing as she thought about meeting Caleb, the boy she had spoken to for weeks. It felt like a bad idea. What if he is some serial killer looking to kidnap her? Well, they decided to meet at a park. People walked around, so she could scream if she were getting kidnapped.

Lena pulled her phone from her bag as it vibrated, gulping as she tapped the screen.

"I see you!" a voice cheered along the line.

Lena rolled her eyes as she looked around. "You don't even know what my face looks like. I could be some ugly duckling swimming in a pond right now."

He laughed. "I'm sure you're the lovely girl leaning against the wall in the beautiful dress. Look up."

Lena smiled as she lifted her head. There was something about him. Lena guessed it didn't hurt to say he was a good-looking boy, but it was more than that. He was handsome, not perhaps in the conventional sense, but he had that appearance that could make him stand out in the crowd. He was fair, almost pale white. His unfathomable, golden brown eyes contrasted exceptionally with his light-toned face. His eyes were as deep and expressive, bright with a hint of mischief as he looked at her. His smile, which reached up to his eyes and wrinkled them, flaunted his humility. Above all were his frame and his stature. He was not highly muscular, but he seemed built. However, he could stand out in a crowd due to his way of carrying himself. He was the kind who had girls swooning over him.

Lena took a deep as she tucked her phone in her bag. She tilted her head back as the boy stood before her. He was tall.

Caleb reached his hand toward her, smiling. "Hi. I'm Caleb." His voice was even more soothing in person.

"Lena," she said as she took his hand.

"I'm pleased to meet you, your highness."

"You too, my disciple."

"Now, before we go off to have coffee, I have a question, and I have a gift for you," he said. Caleb had one tucked behind him since he came to her.

Lena smiled, fixing a strand of her hair behind her ear. "Go ahead."

"First, here is your gift. Thank you for making my boring nights lovely," Caleb said as he placed his hands before him. He held a bouquet to Lena, who took it, grateful.

"Fancy. Thank you. I feel bad now. I don't have anything for you," she said as she looked at the roses packed together.

"That's fine," Caleb said.

"I'll pay for coffee."

"I would never allow you to," he said. "Now, are you ready for my question?"

"Yes."

"Who is Tony?"

Lena threw her head back and let out a loud, humorless laugh. Her laughs echoed, causing strangers to search for the source. "Caleb, he's not my boyfriend."

"Perfect," he chuckled. "And I like the sound of my name coming from your voice. Now, shall we get coffee, your highness?"

"Yes, my disciple."