9. 𝖳𝖺𝖻𝗅𝗈𝗂𝖽 𝖩𝗎𝗇𝗄𝗂𝖾

𝙽𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚛𝚕𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚁𝚊𝚗𝚌𝚑 𝙼𝚊𝚢 25, 2001

BREAKING NEWS: Michael Jackson is announcing an upcoming event this September in NYC! Also, we have caught footage of him going out with a random girl. Who is she? Are they friends or dating each other?

Michael sighed as he folded his arms over his chest that they were catching on to whom his secret partner was when it was only Y/N wearing bundle-up clothes in the middle of spring. He didn't dare leave the house when they were out; no one knew it was his bodyguard. He wanted to keep it that way only to be sure Y/N was comfortable revealing themselves publicly. 

"They are so paranoid. It's ridiculous." He huffed. 

He sat on the couch beside you since you drew in your sketchbook while he was complaining over these tabloids. You set your sketchbook aside and knelt to go behind him.

"Relax, Mikey. Don't let it bother you too much." You said, rubbing his shoulders to cool him down a bit. He felt a little angry and intense to be involved with the press. 

"I wish they would leave me alone. I'm always a victim in their eyes." He mumbled. 

"Babycakes, it'll be okay. Why not you do something to get your mind off it?" You pulled away from his shoulders to crawl around him with a plastered smile. 

"What's that?" He asked, tilting his head to the side.

"Yoga!" You said. 

"I never did yoga, and you want me to relax while doing it with you?" He wasn't slightly sure about trying something to get his mind off the tabloids. 

"Sure you can! I can teach you, and you'll be my student." You beamed. 

"If you say so," He said as you crawled off the bed to grab his hand to drag him off the bed. 

It was a lovely day; a little breeze blew around you two to enjoy the warm weather. You had a yoga mat laid out for you and for Michael. You instructed him what to do, and he sometimes did it right but would end up wrong. It was silly, but he seemed to have gotten his mind off the annoying tabloid news drama.

Afterward, you both went inside and relaxed in the living room. You made a sweet lemonade beverage for you and him as he lay on the floor. He let you pet his hair which was quite relaxing.

"What plans do you have this week?" You asked. 

"I have to go on June first to some event. I was invited to go, and I didn't wanna go since I have rehearsals." He said, looking up at you with his head resting on your lap. 

"You should go!" You boasted.

"Are you sure? Would you like to come?" He asked. 

"I can't go." You lowered your head as he looked away, quite sad. 

"Oh, right..." He sighs. Reaching up, he held your hands in his. "When do you want to announce our relationship to the world?" He asked, looking up at you with a questionable gaze. 

"I don't know. I have so much to do and am so nervous to announce our relationship." You replied, biting your lip and avoiding his eyes as he hummed in understatement. 

"Alright. It doesn't have to be now, but whenever you're ready, we can." Said Michael as he rubbed his thumb against your hand. 

"Okay." 

You saw a smile as he said, "I'm glad I have someone like you. I never had this conversation with the girls, and they want to make it public to announce our relationship. Let's wait awhile longer." You smiled as you leaned down, pecking his lips. 

"Oh, when is that party event going to be?" You asked. 

"Uh, I think June first." He replied. 

"Will you be okay on your own?" You asked. 

"I think I can manage." He winked. 

You flustered and covered your face as he sat up, wrapping an arm around your waist to pull you close to his chest as you inhaled the scent of his cologne. 

~
𝙻.𝙰. 𝙼𝚊𝚕𝚕 𝙲𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚛𝚎

You were going shopping with Toshiki, and the mall was quite crowded today on a Wednesday. You've visited JCPenny, Old Navy, Kholhs, and Target. 

"Why so many clothes for the masquerade ball? It's just the two of us." Toshiki grunted, carrying the shopping bags while following you everywhere you went. He was the man carrier to hold all the belongings that you've bought on your credit card. 

"I don't know what to wear for the night. Be glad that we aren't just getting one item, Toshiki." You said, walking around drinking your boba tea. 

"I'm surprised. You never like shopping unless you or Mila go on a shopping spree." He muttered. 

"That's only when we see what's on sale, and we can get it using our rewards." You grinned, glimpsing over your shoulder at the male struggling to carry the items.

"Anyway, how is your dancing going along in the studio?" He asked. 

"Ugh, don't even remind me the choreographers are a pain in the ass to handle. I had missed the same dance steps eight times in a row, and they annoyed me." You grumbled, taking a sip out of your boba. "Not my fault. I'm not the perfect dancer." 

"Well, you're trying it at least, right?" He tried to cheer you up. "Don't freight, and keep going." You hum a little as you let those thoughts sink into the back of your mind. 

"Hey, Toshiki? Do you know how to dance?" You asked. 

"I can dance, but not around others since I don't do it in public," He replied.

"Let's stop for a moment." You stopped at the benches as Toshiki obeyed by placing the bags and boxes beside him to catch his breath.

"Oh, great heavens." He grunted, taking a seat to rest his arms and legs finally. 

"Do you know how to do Michael's dances?" You asked.

He glanced at you, "Well, I can teach you since I have been following his dancing moves." You squealed in excitement to hear those words come from him. He didn't decline the offer to show you how to dance.

Maybe he'll show you how to dance much better than those choreographers did.