13. 𝖫𝗈𝗈𝗄 𝖨𝗇𝗍𝗈 𝖬𝗒 𝖤𝗒𝖾𝗌

𝚂𝚎𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚖𝚋𝚎𝚛 7𝚝𝚑, 2001: 𝙼𝚊𝚍𝚒𝚜𝚘𝚗 𝚂𝚚𝚞𝚊𝚛𝚎 𝙶𝚊𝚛𝚍𝚎𝚗

Michael P.O.V.

Tonight was the night of a two-hour show I would be performing. Other celebrities I know would perform at the beginning of the first half. I was still getting ready and fully prepared as I talked with Chris to get myself ready. Y/N was getting herself ready for the show to be one of my back dancers. 

"Man, it is packed out there." Said Chris. 

"Yeah, a lot of people are here to watch the show, and some are at home watching on television," I commented, adjusting my black jacket. 

I would be performing with my brothers on the stage, and it felt like old times since we last put on a show when I was little and back in the 80s. 

"Where is Miss Jackson at?" He asked. 

I raised an eyebrow at him as I said, "Oh... OH!" I giggled at myself because I didn't know whether he meant Janet or my mom. "Y/N is changing in the back. I thought you meant..."Chris looked at me with his eyes popping out of his head, making me laugh. 

"Who did you think I meant?" He asked.

"My mother or one of my sisters." I bit my bottom lip as I could feel my face light up in embarrassment. 

Chris shook my head. 

"No, I was talking about Y/N, but good to know that you thought I mentioned the other girls in your family." I merely nodded as I stopped laughing as I saw Y/N emerging out of the dressing room.

My eyes didn't look away from her outfit to match mine somewhat. 

Pick one!

"Oooh, damn girl! You look tight

"Oooh, damn girl! You look tight." Chris complimented. 

"Wow, you look lovely., I commented. 

She looked at me shyly, responding, "Thank you." I took her by the hand, smiling down at her. 

"C'mon, don't be shy," I said, leaning close to her as she blushed even more. 

Oh, she's so adorable!

"Ahem! " I'll get a drink," Chris excused himself to grab something to give us privacy. Y/N looked more nervous, and I knew she wasn't comfortable dealing with the vast crowd. 

"Baby, are you okay? Do you want to sit down?" I asked. 

She nods, "I-I feel a little..." 

"Nervous?" I answered. 

She nodded as I pulled her close to my chest to let her lay against me. Y/N buried her face against my chest as I rubbed her back to assure her everything would be okay.

I looked down, whispering, "You're going to do fine out there. I promise you." I reassured. 

"What if I mess up?" She asked.

She raised her head to look at me with a worried expression. I cupped her cheeks, responding, "You'll do great. If you feel nervous, look into my eyes, and you'll be okay." I said, leaning down to peck her small temples as she giggled before laying her head on my chest. 

Someone was coming as we pulled away quickly, and it was one of the people that operated the show. 

"Mr. Jackson, your on in five minutes. Are you ready?" He asked. 

"Yes." I watched them leave as I looked back at Y/N, and she was twiddling her hair, which was straight/curly. 

I asked, "Are you ready?" She looked up at me and nodded. 

"Okay. Let's go." I said as I got into my position, and Y/N left to fill in her spot with the other girls. 

Y/N P.O.V. 

I was standing with the girls that were going to announce Michael to appearance in the show. I was going to dance to "You Rock My World," and he emerged from behind the curtains walking down the stairwell. I danced to the beat and remembered my dance moves in the studio. Michael would glance at me occasionally and smile, then assure me that I was doing great. Soon, Chris appeared on the stage, surprising Michael, and he did the leg kick. However, it was the wrong leg, and Michael laughed hysterically and fell on the scene as I laughed. 

That was when my earpiece for the mic glitched out, and I heard someone else's voice. 

"Enjoying the show, I assume?" I scrunch my face up in confusion to hear a man's voice in my ear, sounding deep and husky. 

"Who is this?" I asked while continuing to dance. 

"You'll find out sooner or later. I know you are a spy at the U.C.C., and you are one of those people I don't like to get into my way," I could tell that this guy must be the person I was looking for since Toshiki sent me the file case about him. I frowned. Michael noticed my face and looked at me to see my mood change. 

The music was on pause before he could continue the song's lyrics. He mouth, "Are you okay?" I put on a fake smile and nodded. I adjusted my earpiece to hear the man's voice continuing to speak. 

"Is this who I think it is?" I asked, resuming my dance moves. 

"Hehehe. Be patient until we meet." He cackled. 

Soon the song ended, and I scowled at myself. I walked back behind the curtains as it hit the commercial break. Michael appeared red, sweating his face, and panted while holding a water bottle to drink away.

"Baby, what's wrong?" He asked. 

"Nothing," I replied. 

"Is there something wrong with your earpiece?" He asked as he checked on the earpiece to ensure it was working, and I reassured him that everything was fine. 

"It's not that. It's nothing." I lied. 

"Mhm..." He nods. 

Michael held another water bottle for me under his arm as I took it from him. 

"You danced well back there." He complimented. 

"Not as much as Chris kicking his leg." I giggled. 

He smirked and held his head while giggling. 

"He kicked the wrong leg." He chuckled. 

"Yeah, and he did quite a good job of getting you bawling on stage." I snickered. 

Michael grinned, "Yeah. I still can't believe he did that tonight, but I have a surprise for you." He said as I looked at him, tilting my head. 

"What's the surprise?" I asked. 

"You'll see~" He replied.