7. Morning After.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
| SEASON OF LOVE |
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tuesday.
20 November 2018.
Los Angeles, California.

Hope slept for half of the day. She'd been out partying so hard and celebrating her birthday that she needed the entire next day to recover. She didn't even wake up until her closest friend, Katherine Adamu, came to her house to see if she were okay because she hadn't heard from her.

"Hope! Hope, where the hell are you?" Katherine called out after letting herself in with the key she'd been provided when she was still Hope's manager. She followed the trail of clothes that led upstairs and held her breath as she pushed the bedroom door open, silently praying she wasn't in bed with another woman.

"Thank God. It's just you," Kat let out a sigh of relief when she saw that it was only Hope cuddled up in her bed naked under the covers.

"Who else would it be?" Hope mumbled.

"You never know. And it's good to see you're still alive after not answering any of my million calls or texts."

"I've been sleeping."

"No shit. You were supposed to pick me up from the airport today, remember? I spent almost $100 on an Uber from LAX to my house. I'd be more pissed if I didn't love you as much as I do."

"Oh shit, I completely forgot. Kat, babe, I'm so sorry."

"Don't be. It was my fault for asking you to pick me up the day after your birthday. I should have known you'd be... well, like this. You look like shit, by the way."

"Gee, thanks. I can always count on you for unsolicited opinions when I'm already at my lowest."

"I've been gone a week and you happened to hit rock bottom? Damn, you really can't survive without me."

"I can't, so you better not leave me again."

"Then it's a good thing I'm not going back home for the holidays this year," Katherine announced as she opened the blackout shades in Hope's room to let some natural light into the dark space.

"What the hell, Kat," Hope grumbled from under her comforter. "Close it."

"I will not. Hope, you need to get up."

"It's 9am."

"It's three in the fucking afternoon," Kat corrected. She then looked down at her watch. "Actually, it's almost four. Your sleep schedule is already shit. You need to get up."

"Why? There's nothing important I need to do today."

"Maybe, but I got you a gift and I want you to open it."

"A gift?" Hope's ears perked up at the sound of a birthday present. She finally peeled the comforter from over her face and peeked out into the brightly lit room. "What is it?"

"I can't give it to you until you get up, shower, and get some food in you."

"On second thought, I'll just get it tomorrow," Hope wrapped her blanket back around her and turned over in her bed so she was no longer facing the windows.

"No, you won't."

Kat took it upon herself to pull the blanket completely off of Hope and pull her up out of the bed.

"I'm doing this because I love you."

"Liar," Hope finally sat up. She decided not to fight with Kat to save her energy. Katherine might be small, standing at only 5'2", but she was quite a force to be reckoned with.