| 028.

༄               The rest of the day was quiet at the clubhouse. Happy had talked to Ope, Juice and Piney as promised and they had a call with Clay and Jax about what they were going to do. It wasn't even up for debate that Happy would risk getting hurt again tonight. Opie made sure to tell their Pres in detail what happened and that Tara said Happy needed lots of rest before getting out there again.

They all decided together that a lockdown would be the best solution for now. Happy wasn't too happy about it, he wanted to get his revenge and put a bullet in Weston's head⸻ and not only Weston but also Ethan Zobelle. AJ seemed to be more brutal but Zobelle shouldn't be underestimated either. The sooner they would be gone the sooner everything would go back to normal, yet the SAA knew he needed that rest.

His mood wasn't at it's best and everyone tried to stay out of his way the moment he entered the main room but that only happened once after Chapel to make sure a Prospect and patched member were escorting his wife, Gemma and Tara to town.

The women insisted on going together since it would be safer than going alone. They needed to get lots of stuff since no one expected a lockdown for an unknown time would happen. Donna offered to watch all the kids around while they were out shopping.

The Winston woman wasn't too happy to see Stella join Tara and Gemma while being pregnant. A prospect and Juice was with them, yes, but she was still worrying about her friend.

While Donna and a few Croweaters kept an eye on the kids and already prepared dinner, the men sat together at a table next to the couch where Happy was sitting. He could barely sit up straight with the pain he was in but he still refused to take something strong enough that it could knock him out, at least not before his wife would be back. That's why the bottle of whiskey in his hand was his lifesaver at the moment⸻ at least it was easing the pain.

“Someone needs to get my Ma”, Happy's gruff voice said. “She's family, too.”

Opie finished his beer and got up. “I'll get her. Give her a call that I'm on my way.”

Happy gave him a quick nod and took his phone out of his pocket, grimacing at every move. Fuck, he hated those bullet wounds. The one's he had before were never this bad and it pissed him off. What also added to his foul mood was how Stella was ignoring him.

Sure, he knew they were grocery shopping and needed to hurry, she didn't have any time to reply to his messages but it was still driving him crazy. He normally wasn't the one sending many texts but with Weston and his crew running around in Charming his nerves were on edge and on alert.

With a grunt and suppressing a painful groan, he heaved himself up from the black leather couch and dragged himself back to his room, taking the bottle with him. Piney watched him from his seat and sighed to himself before turning his attention back to the children who joined him at the table.

“Let me help you, Miss”, a over friendly voice had Stella's attention. Turning to the side after a man took the two bags off her arms, she studied him suspiciously. “You shouldn't carry around such heavy bags in your position”, he added, nodding at her stomach. By now, it was obvious Stella was pregnant. She couldn't hide it anymore⸻ not that she wanted to, she was proud of carrying a child.

Juice and the prospect were still inside the shop helping Gemma out while Stella and Tara already loaded the first few bags into Gemma's car. The Matriarch had by far the one with the most space so they took hers.

“Thank you but I'm fine”, the raven haired woman tried to stay polite but something about this man was off. He was way too friendly and the smile on his face didn't reach his eyes. Honestly, that smile couldn't be more fake.