| 041.

It was one of those days when Stella wanted to stay at home and cuddle up with her family, watching a movie while eating popcorn. Instead she had decided to accompany Jax to the cemetery. They shared the work of keeping Tara's grave clean and beautiful. Luann and Gemma also brought fresh flowers now and then to make sure it never looked as somber or messy like some others.

It took Stella and Jax a good few months to get over Tara's death. At first neither of them were able to visit her grave. Only three or four weeks after the funeral they decided to visit it together.

Their friendship grew even stronger, they were much more like siblings than friends. Jax was always like a big brother to her but it was different now⸺ it felt like he actually was. Both had lost a sibling. Kate may didn't die, but she was as good as dead to her family.

Since the funeral they haven't heard a single word from her and the only one who actually suffered was Gemma, which was understandable. It was her daughter but Gemma always said she didn't regret a thing. Kate made her choice and they had to accept it.

With his arm loosely wrapped around her shoulder, Jax led his best friend to the gate and out of the cemetery. It was depressing to come here twice a month but both of them would feel horrible if they'd stop with it.

“You sure I can have Abel overnight?”, Jax asked to break the depressing silence.

Stella nodded briefly, a weak smile forming on her lips. “Yeah. It was him who asked. I mean, that's a good start, right? He starts to feel at home with you.”

Jax stopped as they reached his bike and studied the dark haired beauty for a long moment. Her smile reached her eyes but it still held a hint of sadness. And he fully understood. When Abel didn't feel comfortable around him at first it broke his heart. Now his son started to warm up, even wanted to stay with him, that must be hard for Stella and Happy.

“You know he'll always feel at home with you guys, no matter how much time he spends at my house. You're still his parents, Stella”, the blonde told her sympathetically with a slight shrug. “I want him to know that I'm his father but you'll always be his mom and Happy his dad. Can't hurt to have two dad's, hm?”

Stella let out a soft chuckle as Jax gave her his famous Teller grin and gently bumped her shoulder with his own to lighten up the mood.

“Sounds like a plan”, she had to admit. “What if you find a new Old Lady in the future? I know it won't happen soon, but it could happen in a few months or years. If it becomes something serious then she's gonna be Abel's stepmom. Wouldn't it be weird if he had two sets of parents?”

“Why?”, the blonde questioned simply. “Can't hurt to have two sets of parents. When he gets older we tell him the truth, explain why we did it how we did it.”

“You really don't mind?”, she asked while wrinkling her nose.

“No, Stella”, Jax said firmly, his hand running through his slicked back hair. “We share the parenting part. And let's be honest, I'd be lost without your and Happy's help.”

“Oh stop, you wouldn't be lost. It's just a hard time for you⸺ for all of us”, she said with a weak smile.

“That's true”, the blonde nodded briefly and handed her a helmet. “Come on, let me get you home before Happy gets all worried.”

With Abel cuddled up on Stella's lap and Gabby sleeping on Happy's chest, they sat on their couch and watched a movie they'd already seen many times. It was one of Abel's favorites and always helped him to fall asleep.