Moon

I have always loved night time. I loved the quietness it brings with. I loved the dark that crept on us slowly, consuming everything the light once covered. I loved the feeling of comfort and security that it brought...but what I loved the most about the night..is the moon.

Why? Because you can lay and stare at it all night, it will not harm your eyes. It is full of scars and dents like us humans. It goes through fazes like us. It will not leave me in my time of need or in my time of good.

I never really liked sharing my night time space with anyone, as I felt like it was a space where I could share my troubles with the moon as he listened to me. He would not judge me like humans would. He would not frown upon my questions or hurt me like humans do. 

I would lie underneath the moon every single time and talk until he had to leave. Then I would go to my room and pull the curtains close until he came again. I did not like the sun.

That changed quickly though, when I met you. You were the sun embodied. Your golden hair shined in the sun's ray, your smile that even made the sun feel shy. 

I met you on accident. I was forced to go outside, to interact with the sun. That's where I found you, in your yard, washing your car and laughing. You waved at me while smiling brightly. Since that day I went outside, just to see your smile. It felt like your smile charged my heart. 

A couple of weeks later you called out to me and I learned your name,Chishiya. I told the Moon about you. He told me a story of his lover, Sun, and how he can never be with her as she dies to let him live. The stars were the tears he shed every night because he longed for her. 

Three weeks  later I decided to ask you out on a date. You agreed happily ,joking that you thought I would never ask. 

Two weeks after our first date, I took you to my safe space. I introduced you to the Moon. We laid underneath the soft glow and spoke about everything. You became my safe space. 

I got the sun tattooed on my wrist and you got the moon as you were my sun and I was your moon.

Our relationship bloomed like flowers in the sun yet went through changes like the moon. 

You told me that if you could you would get my the moon, just like I would give you the sun even if it would hurt me. 

Five years into our relationship was the first night I hated the moon. He took you from me, he took my sunshine away. You were walking to our home when tragedy struck, a hit and run happened. I wanted to rip the moon out of the sky and scream at him. How could he not protect you?!Was it because he was without his sun so now I must be without mine? 

I have always loved the moon but since that day, I loved the sun for you.

A/N: Uh hi guys. I know this is probably a very bad story and also very short but I am publishing it anyway. This is written in Nigari's POV if I didn't make it clear. I was just staring at the moon and this popped into my head. If anyone has any suggestions, I would love to hear it.

 If anyone has any suggestions, I would love to hear it