Part 14: Day-Off

Vote & Comment💙

-{Omniscient}-

Nate pulled up to his brother's crib bright and early the next day, waiting outside for Drew to come out. It wasn't like he couldn't just go in and and wake his ass up, but he wasn't particularly in the mood to explain to Niko why he hadn't called him back yet.

It didn't take too long for Drew to come out, he looked like he'd just woken up from sleep too. He had on an army green baggy sweater that came down to his knees and swallowed both of his hands, it even had extra fabric just hanging to the sides with his hands nowhere to be seen.
He also had on blue jeans and white sneakers.

"Nate? What are you doing standing out here this early?"

"I'm taking you to work."

"I don't have to work until later."

"Even better, you can help me pick out a mattress."

"You have a mattress."

"I know, but I woke up this morning and felt a strong urge to change it. I been meaning to for a while, just never got around to it."

Drew let out an exasperated sigh. "I'm fine Drew, you don't have to do whatever this is."

"Do what nigga? Invest in basic comfort? I didn't know that was frowned upon."

Drew rolled his eyes. "I swear I'm fine, you don't have to babysit me."

"And I'm glad to hear it, but that don't solve my mattress problem though. You coming or what?"

Drew smiled shyly and rolled his eyes again. "Can I at least change?"

It was Nathan's turn to roll his eyes when he said, "What would be the point? Are you going to change into something that actually fits?"

Drew shook his head no.

"Then come on, there's no point. You're pretty in whatever you wear." Nate said absentmindedly, jumping in his car through the open roof.

Drew's cheeks flushed and his stomach flustered a little bit, he wished Nate didn't say things like that so casually as if they were true, but unfortunately it seemed to have become a habit now.

The ride to Home Depot was silent, except for the sound of Nicki Minaj playing in the background, and Nate's phone blowing up, which he ignored.

"Aren't you gonna get that?" Drew asked, fidgeting and biting his nails.

"Nah I'm good."

"Is that Ronny? I hope I didn't get you in trouble, I can apologize if you want, I didn't mean to offend anyone." Drew said, shrinking in his sit like he was trying to disappear. He always ruined everything and now Nate was going to hate him too because he's good for nothing.

Surprisingly Nate snorted and said, "Boy please, apologize for what? If me helping a friend is a problem for him then his morals are in question."

Drew didn't say anything else.

——

Nate made me eat breakfast with him from his favorite food truck on our way there, then we stopped one more time to get ice cream because he has a really horrible sweet tooth.

By the time we got to our destination Nate had me laughing so hard I couldn't even remember what I was sad about. He told the most silly stories and he told them in the most dramatic way possible. My stomach was hurting for laughing so much, or maybe it was the ice cream I'm not sure.