Part 2: Pay up

Author's Note
This book takes place right after Quincy and Sebby got married btw. So after the epilogue of StarCrossed. Incase anyone was wondering.
But you don't have to read that to follow this.
_________________________

|{Niko Brown}|

As I started to come around I dreamt that Ace was beside me, holding me against his chest, whispering assurances in my ears that he'd never leave me again. But then again, this was how my dreams have gone for the past twelve years, so it was nothing new.

I woke up with a start, only to find myself alone in my bed, staring at the ceiling. A note lay on the nightstand from Dreya, instructing me to pick up her brother from the airport later. Tossing the piece of paper into a bin I dragged my ass into the bathroom to beat off right quick before I had to start my day.
A nigga hasn't bust a single nut in at least three weeks, that was unhealthy as fuck.

By the time I made it to the living room later, Nyla was ready for school, curtesy of Nathan. The only time I got to sleep past 5:am is when my bro was around, and I'm thankful to him for that. "Hey princess."

"Hey daddy. Uncle Nathan made my favorite pancake with the smiley face on it, I ate it all."
Nyla told me excitedly, she loved her some uncle Nathan, that's for sure.

"That's great honey. Where is he?"

"He's on the phone with grandma."

My face fell immediately. I haven't spoken to my mom or dad since they kicked me out twelve years ago. Scratch that, she talked at me in the courtroom the day i was finna get sent away, reminding me of how much of a disgrace I was to the Brown name.

I guess they didn't know Nathan had dated a transgender female, and a boy after that before his girlfriend that they knew, they were probably going to crumble and die when they did.

——

Mondays weren't the most busy at the shop to be honest, but I got a regular coming in to get his son and husband's names tatted on his chest and rib, so I clocked In early.

"Good morning boss." Rusty greeted when I walked in.

"Sup Rus? My client come in yet?" I asked, taking my backpack off and placing it on the stool next to the reception area.

"No sir, he's not here yet. Thank God you came in first though, that man scares me."

I chuckled and shook my head, Rusty was just extra. Before I could say anything else a black suv honked loudly from outside. My stomach twisted into knots immediately, I ain't got time for this niggas today. I already knew who the fuck they was.
I just wish these niggas would leave me the fuck alone.

"Stay here, I'll be right back." I assured my employee and went out to talk to Killa Bell and his goons.

"Sup homie!" Killa said, smiling. "We used to be homies right? But now you just act stuck up and shit. Not cool bro." Killa tsk-tsked as he stepped closer to me.

See I used to roll with them back when I was acting out from losing my nígga, Killa and I slung dope and busted heads for his big brother Howard for the longest. But when I came out I didn't wanna do that shit nomo, so I cleaned my part. They been tryna get me to come back ever since, and it's like, nigga move the fuck on.