00

Eliza

I never found the need to find the finer things in life. Mostly because I didn't care. Well, not anymore at least.

Things never really mattered to me nor did they encourage me to better myself.

I was simply okay with being who I am.

I was okay with being the girl who couldn't go out and play with the other kids before they thought I was weird.

I liked being along. I liked not having to need anyone.

Until they took my father away.

I didn't understand why. I was only fourteen when men barged into my home on my birthday and dragged my father away from us.

I didn't cry or protest because why should I right? I didn't understand the need to cry. Sure I felt something that resembled sadness but I still didn't cry.

I don't think I know how to.

My father always called me his little mystery girl because he could never know what I was feeling.

My mother and brother feared me because I can see it in their eyes but they still say they love me.

And I love them too, I think.

I mean, I should love them right? They're my family and I should love them.

But I just can't feel anything.

And I don't care to.

My father would always tell me that what I feel doesn't define who I am and that it's completely okay to not feel the emotions that everyone else feels.

He told me this when I was six years old and I nodded at him as a response and went back to admiring Luci, my pet python.

My father was the only one who truly understood me. Always there for me.

Sure my mother was an angel and would always try to show me love and affection and my brother would always want to be around me so it's not like I was neglected as a child, but my father was the one who understood that I liked my space and didn't treat me like I was a bomb ready to blow up.

He was my rock.

And now he's gone.

For ten years he's been in prison for a crime he did not commit.

For ten years I have been bottling this weird firing emotion in my body that almost feels like a bomb.

I was fourteen when my father was taken away from me.

I was sixteen when I started training with my fathers closest friends and brother.

I was eighteen when I gathered up a list of all the men who wronged my father.

I was twenty when I destroyed their lives, took all their money and left them six feet under the ground.

And I was twenty-two when I built an empire that made me the most feared woman to ever walk the earth.

I always knew I was different and that people looked at me like I will swallow them whole like how my pet snake would with his food.

I never really understood their fear of me.

Why fear me? Why be scared of me?

And now I know why.

I am a bomb. A ticking time bomb that was waiting for the right moment to go off.

And I finally did when those fuck faces took the only person who understood me away and left me alone with everyone who saw me as someone to be fearful of.

I'm now twenty-four and my father is coming home.

He has another list. He told me once when I went to go visit him in prison.

And when he arrives and sees the empire I built for our family, we will scratch off each of those names together.

As a family.

Because I am a snake. And I'm ready to sink my teeth in every single person who has caused my family all this pain.

You can call me crazy because I am.

I'm psychotic, vengeful, merciless and the most wanted person in America.

I built this empire because I have no emotions. I was able to get my way and make a name for myself because I didn't care who I hurt or kill in the process.

I had a therapist tell me once that I should care and that I should feel. Without a second thought, I put a bullet in between her eyes because how dare she tell me what I should or shouldn't feel?

For twenty-four years I haven't felt anything close to a loving or caring emotion towards someone.
But my father is coming home and I only care for him to see what I have done for him and what we can continue to do together to make sure no one ever fucks with our family again.

The Black family is now known everywhere because of me.

Because of what I built.

Because of what I've done to make sure that my family has millions in the bank and a careless mind as they walk through the city because no one is stupid enough to mess with us.

All. Because. Of. Me.

They say love makes you dangerous, but I became obsessed with revenge.

I don't love. I get obsessed.

Obsession has become my upbringing.

But what if the thing that has given me everything that I've ever wanted becomes my downfall?

All because of a single thing that I have become absolutely obsessed with it threatens to turn everything I have worked so hard to build into ash.

I am known to be a ruthless, kill first ask questions later person.

Call me a psychopath if you will but I will kill you if you utter that word to me.

My name is Eliza Black, and you're about to witness how my deadliest obsession will either become the thing that breaks me...or the thing that will change my life forever.

*****