Part 10- Rose

I smile at the girl, "Tewksbury speaks highly of you."
"As he does of you" she again giggles, "however I was not expecting to find you asleep in a chair."
I laugh along, "I really do hate balls, I shall never throw one as long as I live."
"My, when Tewksbury described what a wonder you were I thought he was exaggerating."
"You flatter me."
"Not at all, you seem lovely." She compliments
My face warms as a smile spreads across it, "As do you."

Enola places herself in the chair beside mine, "It's a shame we haven't met prior to this."
I nod, "Truly, I'm always on a hunt for an accomplice to my antics."
"As am I, however I do also enjoy my solitude."
"Many women pity and despise my lack of ladylike behavior so I find it easier when I have a companion."
She smiles thoughtfully at me, "I'm sure you'll find Tewksbury is a marvelous assist."
I chuckle, "when he's not pretending to be another."
She rolls her eyes, "I cannot believe that he is still doing things such as that."
"I'm glad to meet someone who agrees with me. I tire of the ladies swooning over him."
She laughs, "he has a certain charm about him."

Enola glances down the hall, "We should probably make our way to the ballroom. Tewksbury is just a complete disaster waiting for you."
I smile to myself. Waiting for me.

Tewksbury's POV

Y/n makes her way down the stairs with Enola at her side. I wonder how the whole ballroom isn't enamored by her, she's absolutely mesmerizing.
Her dress is a blue color that looks almost purple in the dim candlelight. Her eyes shimmer as they meet mine from across the ballroom. Her hair hangs loosely around her shoulders unlike everyone else here.

As she reaches me she trips on the hem of her dress and into my arms. She steadies herself and then brings her eyes back up to mine in a fit of giggle.
"Are you quiet alright?" I ask her.
"Depends on your definition of the term." She gives my arm a meaningful squeeze before releasing it, "Most ladies here believe me to be mentally distressed."
Enola laughs.
I sigh, "whatever will I do with the two of you?"
"More like what will we do with you." Y/n answers.

"I'll write you." Enola says to Y/n.
"I do hope so." Y/n says happily.
"Leaving already?" I ask her.
"I accomplished what I came for. I'll find you when I wish to." She tells me before leaving.

Y/n's POV

"I really like her." I tell him.
He smiles down at me happily, "I knew you would."
"I can see why you would love her."
Even if he does love me as James says will I be spending the rest of my life being compared to her? She's absolutely radiant in every way.

He glances down at me, "I though I did at least."
"What do you mean?"
"Doesn't compare to the way I've loved another. twice as fast, twice as much. Perhaps they're both love, but they're not equal."
Does he mean me?
"That's a beautiful sentiment."
"Unfortunately I feel I may be doomed to all my love being unrequited."
"Whose to say it is?"
He raises an eyebrow at me.

"How do you feel about a waltz Viscount Tewksbury?" I ask.
"I'm not particularly fond of them, however if you're the one inviting me I'd be delighted."
I offer him my hand and he sweeps me onto the floor.

"You know, Margaret is running away today." I say quietly.
"I'm sorry."
"It's quite alright, she's going to be with the gardener, her rose."
He nods and looks at me pensively.
"Do you think you've met your rose?" I ask him.
He smiles, "I think that question is almost ironic coming from someone who was so opposed to love upon our first encounter."
"I thought that I was cursed, and that love was only allotted to each person once. I was wrong."
"Interesting to hear you admit that you're wrong."

I shake my head, "Have you?"
"I think I knew I'd met her the second I saw her."
"Like love at first sight?"
"I didn't know what it was right away, but looking back it was. Have you Viscountess."
"I've been fortunate enough to have, although I was resistant at first."
His smile grows, "Is-"

"Y/n!" Henry calls.
I turn.
"We must be getting home."
I turn back to Tewksbury, "Thank you for the dance."
"May we resume our conversation at some point?"
I smile, "of course."
I slip out of his grasp and make my way back to the carriage with Henry.