𝖙 𝖜 𝖊 𝖓 𝖙 𝖞 - 𝖋 𝖎 𝖛 𝖊

Right on cue as we finished eating, we got a text from Pope telling us to meet him at the docks and wouldn't tell us why. But we headed out anyway after saying thanks and goodbye to the Carreras.

"Code red!" He said from the Pogue as we got there.

"What the hell is going on?" Kie questioned.

"Okay, JJ and John Bconked out in the marsh. They need a tow." He explained.

"Uh, okay, well, what does that have to do with us?" I asked.

"We need you for mechanical."

"Mechanical." She rolled her eyes at him as we got in the boat and set off.

"John B and JJ are up in the Alp," Pope said as we arrived at the side of the boat.

"Can't you guys do anything without us?" I looked at him, Kie and me climbing over the side and into the larger boat.

"What happened?" She asked as we approached the other two.

"Uh, the alternator's, uh, not alternating anymore." JJ looked at us.

"It's not charged." John B cleared it up.

"Did you check the plugs?" I asked.

"No. No, you should check 'em." JJ said.

"Yeah." JB agreed. 

"Give it a whirl." They both move out of the way. "Yo uh, Kie, you should help her." The blonde boy said encouraging her to come next to me.

"You guys are useless." She said. "Uh... is this a joke?"  We look at them not being able to find anything wrong, only to see them diving into the water and swimming over to the Pogue.

"Shit." I got up and ran out onto the deck.

"John B!" I heard, along with banging in the cabin. "John B, let me out! John-- John B!" I crouched down to unlock the hatch. 

"What the hell?" I heard Kiara behind me as Sarah climbs out.

"Guys!" I ran to the edge of the boat as they started driving away, the other two girls appearing on either side of me. "Are you serious?"

"Are you joking?" Kie shouted from the right of me. "Get your asses back here!"

"Not till you lot figure it out!" JB laughs.

"I will kill every single one of you!" She continued yelling at them.

"Y-You can't just leave!" Sarah joined in.

"There's food in the cabin, and JJ rolled a blunt," Pope told us.

"Hydroponic?" I shouted back and JJ winked at me, signalling I was right.

"This is ridiculous." Sarah started taking her shorts off, and I instantly felt heat in my cheeks, which I hated, but kinda loved at the same time.

"Well, I would rather drown than stay here with you, so..." Kie began to undress as well, me just standing there.

"Fine, be my guest. Maybe you'll finally shut the hell up." She pulled her top off, as I forced my eyes to the ground.

"You don't even know where you're going," Kie said to her.

"I don't care."

"Good luck with the oyster beds," I said to her.

"Wait!" She ignored me, shouting to the boys before jumping in. "John B, you asshole!"

"They're not coming back for you!" Kie shouted to her.

"Love you, guys! Bye!" JJ shouted just as they go out of hearing range and the next thing I heard was a scream as Sarah bobbed under the water.

"You okay?" I asked as she yelped again.

"I got stung by a jellyfish! Shit!" She started heading back to the boat.

"Dramatic," Kie said, loud enough for me to hear but not Sarah, and I couldn't help the little smirk appearing on my face. She started climbing up the ladder before stopping and cursing before I went over and helped her up, Kie not moving from her spot. "Well, you swam right into a man-o'-war. Don't know what you thought would happen."

"Thanks for your help." She said as she got back on deck. "Ow. Shit." She sat down, leaning against the boat.

"Does it hurt?" She asked smugly.

"Hey Al, you know what they say." She started, looking up at me. Knowing what she was talking about, I instantly shook my head.

"No way, not a chance"

"You have to pee on me." I just kept shaking my head.

"I have a better idea," Kie announced, sitting us all on top of the cabin, before getting the box with the spliff JJ had rolled for us. "It's for the pain."

"Bless you JJ." I clap my hands together, closing my eyes and facing up to the sky. I take the blunt and light it, going to hand it to Sarah before taking it back. "Actually..." I had another drag before she took it off me. 

"Really?" She said, Kie giggling.

"Take it easy," I said, assuming it was probably her first time as she took her first drag.

"Yeah, it's JJ's cousin's Cripple," Kie added, right before she burst out into a fit of coughs. I looked at Kie who was just looking at her and nodding. "Yeah."

***

Once the sun had set, the three of us sat on the boat deck as Sarah, clearly stoned out of her head, was chatting shit about eyes for nipples or something. I could tell Kie wanted to talk to her about their issues so I headed into the cabin to get a drink. 

I came back out a while later with blankets and pillows for us to go to sleep, and Kie then went into the cabin, clearly giving us a chance to talk. "Hey," I said when we laid down "can we talk?" She nodded, turning to look at me. "About what happened on the beach," she sighed "I liked it, and I like you, Sarah. A lot. And I know you and John B have or have had something going on, and if that's what you want then that's fine, but the way you kissed me. I think you want something else, but you're just not ready to admit that to yourself yet."

"Look, Allie. You're my best friend, and I care about you. So, so much. But I don't know what to do, or what I want. But I don't want to lose you, I never want to lose you, but I have this thing. When people get close to me, a panic, and I bail. It's what happened between me and Kie, and I don't want that to happen to us and I'm so scared of losing you it drives me nuts. But I need some time to figure out what I want. I'm sorry."

"No don't be sorry, never be sorry for needing time, but please don't push me away. I get it that you need distance but I refuse to let us fall apart." She smiled, and Kie walked back up the stairs. I shuffled over a bit to let her in to give her space to lie down, and we all fell asleep pretty quickly.

A/N: Do you guys want them getting together to happen sooner or later? I'm deciding between letting it take a while longer, in which I'll let them grow apart a bit and then come back together, or keep them close and make it happen.