That night in Camp Edward (Ultimis RiDe)

It was a warm night within Camp Edward, and the older German was sat alone, looking at the night sky. Their stay was made longer due to a few hiccups along the way, so each crew split into pairs and shared a house for the night. Richtofen had been paired up with Dempsey which both made him happy yet frightened. After his realisation of his love of the Marine, he had began trying to impress him, but he often wondered if he was coming on to him too much.

He sighed, looking up at the sky before lighting a cigarette. "Fucking marine..." He mumbled under his breath. It was at this time of night when the voices would die down and allow the doctor to think, allowing him to go from the insane man Richtofen to the calmed man Edward.

"You know.." a gruff voice spoke, interrupting his thoughts "I thought doctors weren't allowed to smoke with you guys saying it's unhealthy 'n' all."

The doctor turned to look at him. "Oh Tank, it's just jou.."
"What's the occasion?"
"Vhat?"
"Well, ya rarely ever call me Tank, and you're less manic. That is EXTREMELY unusual for you Doc. You're practically an agent of chaos."
The doctor was silent, thinking to himself. "The voices have calmed for the night und I have alot on my mind." He decided to just tell the truth but didn't expect the Marine to sit next to him. ”What's on ya mind Doc?" Tank spoke, a goofy yet reassuring smile appearing on his face, causing the doctor to blush slightly.

"Well.... Can I be blunt about it?"
"Go ahead."
"During mein time in ze MPD... Having all zhat power... I realised I still wasn't happy, and that something important vas just missing."
"Oh? And what would that be?"
"I vould later realise zhat vas jou Dempsheh."
Tank almost spat the Jugger-nog he just took a sip of out. "Me!?! You tryna tell me I actually mean somethin'to ya!?"
"Ja..." He breathed, turning to look the Marine in the eyes. "Tank... No, Thomas Dempsey, vithin mein time in ze MPD I realised zhat the one thing I really need is jou. Jou just make mein days... Brighter. I hate to admit it but I'm... In love with jou." He finally managed to get the words out, his face going red.

"You're.. toying with me right?"
"Nein."
The marine saw the expression on the Germans face, it was one of honesty.
"Doc... I..." Tank wasn't sure how to put his feelings into words. "Actually, how bout I try respond in a different way."

"Oh?"

Tank placed a hand on Edwards pale cheek, before placing his lips onto the others, the two sharing a short yet passionate kiss. Once they pulled away Richtofen just smiled softly and for the first time in decades, he finally felt the happiness he worked so hard to try and get.

"I love you too Doc.."