He'll kill us

As though by some horrible magic, your bleeding started again not too many sky-changes afterward. Perhaps it was the eating, or perhaps Sukuna really had pummelled your insides into submission. You'd soiled through one of your blue robes, which Guom had taken away while you bathed and hung plainly over the back poster of the bed. Idling in the bath as you soaped the blood from between your legs with quiet fingers, you couldn't help but wonder if this time your crimson was an omen of life or death. Though, if in the end none of it was in your control, what did it matter anyway?

It was that same day that Nanami finally returned. You were curled up reading by the stove; perhaps because the diamond-dusting snows outside the window had you feeling cold, or maybe you'd lingered too long in the bath water. Regardless, the moment Nanami appeared you'd leapt to your feet, clutching his book to your ribs.

"Hello," he said, somewhat shortly, averting his eyes from yours to the bloodstained robe. "Ah. Guom said so." He made no move from the doorway, the air itching warm between you.

"Do you want me to bring it to you?" you asked, too beaten to feel any shame anymore.

"No. I can confirm it from here." Keeping his gaze low, he drifted his eyes to your hands, gesturing with a nod to the book at your breast. "I wondered where I'd left that."

"Oh..." you said, holding it out.

"Have you read it all?"

"Yes. Many times," you admitted, thumbing the spine. "It's been... comforting." Quickly you added, "But you can have it back—"

"—No," said Nanami, holding up a hand as you stepped towards him. "Please. Keep it."

You weren't sure if it was the warmth of the room that had flushed his cheeks or something else, but your ears turned hotter as you tucked your hair behind them, unable to keep yourself from remembering the heat of his body that night as you'd clung to him, gasping. His hot, thick tongue. The way he'd panted against your ear, saying your name...

"I could again."

A blush sprang up furious across your face. "What..?!"

"Bring you a book. A different one."

"Oh..." you gusted, your pulse falling fast. "Yes, I would like that." Still, the heat that had bloomed between your legs remained, throbbing insistently. With a flinch you pressed your thighs together, adjusting taller.

"Alright," he nodded. "I'll have Guom bring one."

"Oh," you said again. "Not you?"

Nanami turned his face away again, shifting the weight over his feet. "I'm... respectfully keeping my distance, since you may be resentful after what happened—"

"—I'm not!" you blurted, your words tumbling out before you could consider them. "I don't resent you. Not a bit. In fact, I... liked it. A lot. What you did..."

The silver light from the window cut bright lines across Nanami's features as he stared at you, unblinking. Your heart began to rush, pushing your breath up higher and faster into your throat. "I'm.. I'm sorry though," you stuttered. "If—it was unpleasant for you."

"No," he cut you off, suddenly turning his body back towards the open door. "You have nothing to apologize to me for, T. And it wasn't—" He stopped suddenly as Guom appeared in the doorway, a pile of fresh linens folded over his arms. "Ah, Guom. If you'll come see me later on, I'll give you a book to bring to Miss T."

"Yes, Mr. Nanami, sir."

"I'm afraid I'll have to return a week after your bleeding ends to collect a blood sample again, but..." Though not meeting your gaze, he turned his head over his shoulder. "I'll be gentle."