Chapter 1

Bella

I stand in my wardrobe, flicking through various items of clothing. I'm currently on a task of finding the perfect dress for tonight's dinner.

Every Friday night my family and our business partners go for dinner, this is usually at each others houses but on special occasions we go to an expensive restaurant.

Today it's one of those special occasions, my birthday. May the 14th. I'm currently turning 17.

Business partners is a bit extreme but it's true. They're our next door neighbours and my parents best friends, quite ironic really. But they grew up together, business families and partners. I guess you could say it'll be similar for me and Axel, their son.

I'd say that's a stretch since I hate him. And I always will, business partners or not. I won't be tying any sort of connection other than business.

I left my outfit decision making till last minute, I've only got half hour to get ready. I already did my makeup and hair, shoes and dress is the only thing left.

Pulling out a few different dresses I leave my wardrobe and spread them across my bed. One option was a dusky pink, silk dress with a slit up the leg. The other was a red dress, covered in ripples making my butt that tad bit better. I know which I'll pick. Red suits my skin tone better.

A slip my dressing gown off and pull on a fresh pair of matching red underwear. I like matching. I lift the dress up from the bed, ready to put it on.

"Nice ass" I spin around to see Axe standing in my doorway. His face makes my blood boil, especially when he's watching me get changed.

"How long have you been there?" I shout, turning myself back around. I bend down to pick up my dressing gown, go help cover myself over.

"Not long but you're making the show so much better" he still leaning against the doorframe, watching my every move.

I pull on the dressing gown "you're such a perv"

"You're the one who's only dressed in underwear"

"I'm in my room!" I look from him to the door way, looking out into the empty hall. "Could you at least shut the door?" I point to the space he's leaving for anyone to see in.

"You have 5 minutes before we go, hurry up" he says, his eyes trailing my body.

"Whatever, get out or shut the door"

"Yes, princess" he smirks and backs away from the door frame, closing the door behind him as he leaves my room.

Good god. Point proven as to why I don't like him. He has no respect in other people's personal space or privacy, and he's a pervert. He does it just to piss me off.

I still do as he says and fasten my pace, pulling on my dress and stepping into my matching red heels.

I find a red velvet purse with silver chain straps to put my phone and extra cash into. Then I go.

My house is quite big compared to others, our company is one of the biggest in London.

Axel is standing at the bottom of the hallway, resting on the stairwell. "You look good in red" his eyes wander my body for longer than necessary.
"I know" I say, taking myself down the stairs, purse resting on my shoulder.

He follows behind me although he sticks more to the right, trailing his hand down the stair banister. "Dress fits well on your ass too"

"Axel Moore!" That's his mum, Lindsay. For once she's heard his horrendous comments, this brings a little smile to my face. She's standing at the bottom of the stairs lifting her bag over her. "That language is horrible, especially towards our Bella, on her birthday too" she gives him a horrible glare until she looks as me. A change in mood.

She smiles and pulls me over, a hand over mine and an arm around my shoulders "don't pay any notice". I hear Axe scoff behind us as she leads us to the front door of my house. "Your mums already in the car" she says.

Lindsay goes around to the other side of the car, she expects Axe to let me in first. Although I'm not that stuck up. I grab the door handle, but he swats me away "you're not getting me into anymore hassle" he argues. Pulling the door and holding it open. "That was all on you." I roll my eyes and let myself in the car.

Here I'm sat between Lindsay and Axe. My mum is sat in the front, as we have someone else driving for us. I'm guessing mine and Axe's dad took separate vehicles.

Lindsay and my mum are talking about something but I can't tell what, since a particular someone is in my ear. "I won't treat you any different just because it's your birthday" he whispers. I turn back to him, our faces to close for comfort "I wouldn't expect anything more from you Axe" I squint my eyes in a way to intimidate him. It seems to work anyways because he looks out the window, ignoring my comment.

My mum turns around a smile bright on her face "You too look so cute with matching outfits tonight". I look from me to Axel, very confused on how we're matching.

Especially because our outfits weren't planned, mine definitely was not.

"I know she looks good in red, although I had to convince her to admit" Axe speaks up, eyes moving from the window to me. "I took that chance to get a similar tie" A small smile on his mouth as he looked down on me. I feel like I'm being gaslighted.

Did we plan outfits?

"Aww, youse two get cuter as time goes by" Lindsay lightly nudges my arm. I can't tell if she's joking or not. What is cute between me and Axel? He makes me want to throw up, not in a cute way.

I look down to his clothes and notice he's wearing a deep red tie, the same colour as my entire outfit. My eyes make my way up to his again but he's no longer doing his cute smile. He's more serious.

Our parents go back to talking nonsense so he takes his chance to whisper again. "I was really hoping you'd wear red, princess". What a suck up. "Why's that?"

He doesn't respond to my question, he just smirks and turns away again. I have no idea what he could be thinking. If he has a master plan of sabotaging my birthday or teasing me by calling me attractive, I wouldn't be able to tell.

When we arrive Axel leaves the car first, he holds the door open as his mum is still watching him. His face is emotionless as he holds out his hand for me, I take his hand in mine and climb out the car.

His act didn't stay up for too long because as soon as I place both feet to the ground he's 'accidentally' lost grip of the door. The door comes right for me but I luckily caught it in my own grip before it knocked the life out of me.

I slam the car door and walk over to Axel "next time your head will be in between that door" I threaten him and walk off, leading into the restaurant.

A/N:
This is the first chapter of my new and improved version. Hopefully I'll finish this unlike last time...
Hope you enjoyed :)