Devon

I fucking well knew it. I just had to make sure, this sneaky little minx is Coach Harris' daughter and her shocked expression told me so.

"I.. what the fuck" she blurts out. "How'd you find out?" Her eyes widen with annoyance at her little secret being exposed.

Lets be real for a second, I'm still reeling from her panic attack earlier. I wish just like I wished with my mom that I could shoulder the pain. I watched Tillie's eyes glaze over the same way my moms did every time she experienced a flashback. Her eyes were always so void of emotion when she finally came back to me, and I would just hold her while she cried. I would do the same for Till if she would let me. For now, I'll settle that she hasn't pushed me away completely, in fact she held on. Fuck me I want to be the one she clings to, and that's never happened before.

"I'm a genius." I smirk at her which only makes her eyes roll. Annoying her might be my new favourite pass time.

"A humble one too. Fine, yes I am your coaches daughter and the sister to the infamous Gemma Harris. Happy?" She's rage folding now and her pile of laundry is shrinking by the minute so that means our time together is shrinking too.

"Ecstatic, why do you keep it a secret?"

"I didn't want to start college as Gemma's sister and have everyone whisper about whether or not I'll follow in her footsteps. My dad didn't deserve that." She says it as she folds and unfolds, then refolds the same shirt. Clearly not a topic of conversation she enjoys.

"Makes sense. So you're at every game to support your dad then? Here I was assuming it was your bustling school pride or a deep love of hockey." I tease.

She shrugs her shoulders, "I guess it's a little of everything, plus my roommates enjoy the players. Some more then others."

I know she's hinting at the fact I hooked up with her roommate Jess last year; I might be a hockey jock but I'm not a complete idiot. I can't change what happened before.

Leaning over I grab the last shirt on the table and hold it behind my back, "are there any players you enjoy?"

She glares at me, making a show of being mad. It's a cute act, useless but cute. I can see it in her gorgeous blue eyes, she likes being teased. Finally she crinkles her nose, "there was one but I am starting to think he's full of himself."

I clutch my chest and lean forward, "Till, you wound me."

I barely noticed her move towards me but suddenly a slender arm is snaking around my body, reaching for the shirt I am holding behind my back. I don't even have time to stop her.

She's giggling as she turns away from me. "For a star defenseman, your reflexes are trash Taylor. Someone should tell your-"

She doesn't even have time to finish the sentence before I have her small body pinned up against the tall industrial dryer and I am folding my hand over the shirt in her hand. Our eyes are locked, her pupils are blown out and I can see her pulse hammering along her slender neck.

I lean down and begin trailing my nose along the column of her neck up towards her ear, stopping briefly to let my lips hover where I can feel her pulse. It's intoxicating, and I want to make her heart race.

My lips meet the lobe of her ear and I let out a slow breath. "What was that, I couldn't quite understand you?"

Pulling her ear lobe between my teeth I bite down gently causing her to suck in a very audible breath and squirm beneath me.

"Fuck Till, you're making this whole friend thing pretty awkward." I'm not lying either, she's not ready for something and I understand that but I also can't stop the pull I feel towards her, like I'm on the end of a line she's reeling in.

आप प्रकाशित भागों के अंत तक पहुँच चुके हैं।

⏰ पिछला अद्यतन: Mar 17, 2023 ⏰

नए भागों की सूचना पाने के लिए इस कहानी को अपनी लाइब्रेरी में जोड़ें!

The Best Defense: A Sports Romance जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें