Chapter: 8 March 2022 Part 2

A/N: This is another long one but more lighthearted than previous chapters. Enjoy!

~~~~~

Midnight March 1st you had set your alarm to go off months ago with the words 'IT'S ALMOST OVER!' popping up on it. You could have turned it off but you chose not to, preferring to wake up to that blaring sound of horns so you could sit up in bed, turn it off and let out a big cheer! Months of #blessings, #fun and well, #misery was almost over. You actually had made a countdown when you were bored one day in the office, using scrap paper and writing bubble numbers to count down the days. You didn't know when your final day was but you'd find out today!

Mia had been in town for a few days- and you had been playing possum with her. It was a little fun game of you hiding when you saw her heading your way or switching days off work so she never really knew you were working. You both had worked it out that she'd be in Romania for 8 days so you knew eventually you'd have to see her. It was still fun sending her random texts asking her what she was doing in the _____ tent. She'd bolt out of that tent so freaking fast that you'd have to hide your mouth behind your hands so she wouldn't hear you laughing.

March freaking 1st! If you could dance all day you probably would THAT'S how excited you were for this to be over with. You had decided while working on a tv set was fun, 6 months was a bit too long. You'd settle for maybe 8 weeks TOPS going forward if you chose to go work on another film/tv set. You'd have to work it out with Jenna's schedule to make sure you were in town when she was. Oh. Jenna.

That was a reminder that it was now 2 weeks since you guys have been on your 'Rachel break' and you hadn't heard a peep from her. What's odd about that is you didn't care. Just by speaking the word BREAK out into the world and then acting on it it was as if your brain had decided to give your mental health a break as well. All that tension, agony and anger dissipated when Jenna left the tent. Sure you did cringe replaying the conversation but you felt actually proud of yourself for not giving in when she told you to stop.

If you actually sat and thought about it you DID miss her. Not the Jenna over the last 5 months but the Jenna she was when she was in town with you. She'd be all exhausted at first and a little grumpy but eventually after sleeping and snuggling for a couple of days she'd perk up. You'd take off that first week she was back in town and then you'd baby her for a couple of days. Going wherever she wanted to go which was usually her parent's. Then you'd usually go back to your apartment (Jenna preferred it, said it felt more homely) draw her a bath with candles and set out her comfy clothes. While she bathed you'd order some take out and go get it and by the time you got back she'd already be in bed half asleep. You'd serve her her food on a bed tray along with a smoothie and then take care of literally everything while she got to just...unwind. Whatever Jenna wanted, Jenna got.

You could only imagine how long it would take to unwind from the last 6 months. It made your body ache to want to plan out both of you hiding in your apartment at home but you felt like this would take way more than just a few days holed up in your place. Part of you wanted to call her Mom and ask for advice on how to make sure Jenna got some reaaaally long rest but Jenna had told you a month ago she had already planned on what you guys were doing because your birthday was April 8th. She had said it was going to be a surprise but you told her you didn't want a limo and go bar hopping you'd prefer it just be you two. She wasn't even old enough to get into the bars and clubs so you just made it easier for her. Now when she turned 21 - all bets were off.

You had to get your mind off of her. If you thought about her for too long you might go diving off the deep end and get yourself back to being sad when you REALLY wanted to continue on with that great mental health break your brain was providing. You still were avoiding her on the set, not leaving wherever you were posted to wander around like you normally did. Damon had to come find you on his breaks so you'd chit chat over random things and what other places you wanted to go explore. With it being the last month of filming he had been ever busier as well.