Chapter 16: December 2022 Part 2 (THE END)

A/N: Here we go! The Ending! Enjoy.

I hope you enjoy!

Word Count: 6,753.

~~~~~

Jenna left for New York on Friday. She'd be back a few days before Christmas Eve. Like clockwork the man who was supposed to be teaching you how to deal with the public and the scrutiny showed up at the time she told he would. What you didn't count on was the guy was a complete asshole who told you this was a waste of time. With no accent in sight, it still didn't shock you at all that he was from Boston. He had that no bullshit attitude.

"So, Let's say you're walking down the street." This was the third time he was making you do this and you were getting quite aggravated. He shoots you a look and waits for you to pretend to walk down the street.

"Am I by myself or with Miss Jenna?" You ask sweetly waiting on the other side of the room.

"...By yourself. Isn't that what happened this week?"

"Yes, Yes it was and I handled that very well. Didn't you see the video? I didn't answer when they said I was Jenna's girlfriend. I got into my car and waved."

"You shouldn't have even turned around. If someone yells your name and you're far enough ahead to play off not hearing them, that's what you do. In that video you stood there for a good 20 seconds. That's enough time to get in your car, start it and turn - up - the - radio." He says the last 4 words with a clap in between them.

"That - seems - fucking - rude." You clap back at him between your 4 words and put your hands on your hips.

"I wasn't hired to be polite, if you were polite and took the time to talk to everyone who comes up to you, you'll be at a certain place for hours." He sits down on the edge of your couch.

"I am not Jenna! I am not...anyone. So this is just... Dude, c'mon. Can't you just write down on a piece of paper the do's and don'ts and we don't have to do all this?" This seemed like a colossal waste of time. "I know what Jenna told me. She said headphones, sunglasses and keep walking if you need to get to an appointment. If not, put the headphones down and talk to people. I don't think anyone's gonna come track me down and ask me a gazillion questions."

"You don't plan on being seen out with Jenna ever again?"

"Yes, Yes I do but-"

"That's why I got hired. I am here to show you different ways to handle what will come at you. The different types of media and fans. You have the friendly fans where yes, you'll be allowed to hang back or go ahead. I think Jenna said she'd like you to keep walking. You'll have the media and paparazzi shouting questions and they will yell all sorts of questions to get a reaction out of you. I was told you can't hide emotions and it's all over your face what you're thinking."

You were rolling your eyes and huffing as he was speaking. When he said you couldn't hide your emotions you were glaring at him with your arms crossed. You tried to relax your face and uncross your arms, standing up straight.The Jackass just gives you a pointed look.

"I would love to take my girlfriend out on dates again." You mumble and look away, as if admitting it was showing some type of weakness.

"Great. So then stop acting like a petulant child and do these scenes with me so I can go home."

15 minutes later you are still stuck on the walking down the street and someone calls your name scene.

"I can't just IGNORE someone calling my name! What if it's a friend or someone who actually knows me?"

"When was the last time that ACTUALLY happened?" Mr. MTG, Media training guy asked while rubbing his forehead as if you were giving him a headache, you probably were.