~Wtf~

Ten

Wed, December 9th

Song Recommendations-
Cookie by NewJeans 🍪
Karma by Summer Walker
Bad boy by Red Velvet 🌹

"Finally," I mumbled, continuously dragging my nails beneath the hair strands grown on my scalp. I rose from my desk chair and ambled to my bed, sitting with my fingers massaging my eyes. I let my hands fall to my lap, observing the pile of papers, pens, highlighters, and books scattered on my desk.

My room succeeded in being a reflection of my mind. I was too exhausted to care. I lay down and tugged my comforter over my body, bunching the fabric into a pillow shape and nestling my face.

I cleared my assignments and notes for the week and portions of the week following. But it resulted in an excruciating all-nighter. I never slept extensively, but lacking three hours of sleep weighed differences.

My eyes were strained and sore, my head felt heavy, and my body felt pressured against every surface. My eyes fluttered shut, and relaxation seeped into my skin like honey oozing off a honey dipper. Slumber engulfed me vastly; the dream realm was within minimal reach.

I submerged into the subconscious, drifting away, but I was equally able to comprehend that my mind remained sharp. Like a coma, I identified an engulfing pressure that overcame my physique. Once again, forgetfulness invaded my mind until a picture was painted to accustom me to my surroundings.

A room portrayed the life of nature. Light peeked through the forest green drapes that were tied in knots, brightening the large area that contrasted with the light.

The furniture rested sophisticatedly: a large wooden clock stood beside an emerald green entertainment center beneath the mounted television, an ancient oval mirror on the opposite side of the timepiece, stands of beautiful plants decorating the walls, and shelves of books with lit candles. Two black couches opposed each other while an oval, glass table centered the space. 

I sat further from the main living area, as I sat in a corner with books standing on a bookshelf, a golden world globe completing the reading area. I abruptly halted my sharp-eyed habits and gripped the sides of the chair I sat on, pressing my back against the cushioned fabric.

A seemingly tall man quietly sat in a chair facing mine. A small circled table separated us, although we were only a few feet apart. His body and facial structure were clear, but his features were blurry. I couldn't define his eye color or the shape of his eyebrows. 

'I'm dreaming,'

'I'm dreaming,'

'Wait, I'm dreaming.'

"Don't freak out; you will wake up eventually." He nonchalantly replied to my startled tactics. I released my grip on the furniture, furrowing my brows in utter silence and slight shock. "I am sitting with a dream demon in a dream." I mainly told myself, staring down at my lap and taking a moment before attentively returning to the man whose gaze captured me as a spider entangled an insect in its webs, suffocating it.

"I wouldn't consider myself a "demon," The man chuckled lowly, leaning forward with crossed arms. I diverted my gaze at the sound of a door creaking open. The entrance of a young, dark-skinned boy arrived with a bow to us both. His eyes were easier to define. 

'Hazel, cute'

He shyly smiled at me, his hand balancing a plate with a piece of double chocolate cake and a cherry on top. I stared at his eyes, perhaps too long.

"Don't stare. This guy isn't even real." The man scoffed, and the hazel-eyed boy became less shy. His once positive expression became blank, aside from the grimace creasing his face as he strode quickly to the exit. "Did you do that?" I anticipated, recalling that the boy became cold after the man's aversion. Hyuck was the only dream demon I was close to, but he never discussed it much. We just hadn't mentioned the topic.